ZC CRX

..SSR..

i dont think they made OEM VTEC for the ZC motors,

but i swap an D16 Si motor in my Dx with Y8 cyl VTEC head, it was a noticeable increase of power, it took a while for the swap, i kept the stock Si valve cover(sleeper mode hehe..) and i had the stock airbox, you know how the Honda CRX has the plastic tube that gose from the airbox(left though over the radiator hose to the mid right front fo the engine? well i cut that off and got some tie wraps for my CAI (hehe) that went down near right front wheel.. the other mods ive done was DC headers 4-2-1 2-peice the cream color one(i know,ugly)clear corners.

but.. when ive done the swap a lil noticeable of power and gas milage..

future mods.. cams, mill headed, pistons,exhaust,cat,etc(i/h/e) maybe a B16A1 or A2 which ever comes first.wings-west full kit, wheels, coil overs(i alrdy cut my springs), paint job,90-91 crx taillights,90-91 crx headlights, cf hood, 90-91 dash,90-91 Si seats or del sol seats, crx trunk lid, few other assories(sp?)

There are lots of variations of the ZC....

88-91 JDM Civic Si

86-87 JDM Civic Si

89-92 JDM CRX Si16/1.6i

85-87 JDM CRX Si

90-93 JDM Integra

86-89 JDM Integra

Some are SOHC, SOHC VTEC, DOHC, DOHC VTEC

damn vt! you've only had your car for a few weeks and you've already done all that stuff? i've had my car for months and i've only done like....three things. lol.

ive had my car for .. 15days so far hehe..yea i got the car for 1580$ had some moeny saved up(i work at autozone, as well as that, ERC few friends from SVP to TSR hooked me up wit a buddy buddy hook up.

88-91 JDM Civic Si

86-87 JDM Civic Si

89-92 JDM CRX Si16/1.6i

85-87 JDM CRX Si

90-93 JDM Integra

86-89 JDM Integra

and about dem JDM ZCs.. fawk that crap..who cares about thats crap.. its not like your gonna go all out JDM ZC.. you might might as well getta USDMM non ZC motor swap.. (all IMO)

btw, your future mods sound like your car will be hooked up!

yea.. it would be clean.. i'l go take piccies and post it in this thread, how dose that sound?

o and about the rims and wheels.. i will get them later.. unless SSR gots tha hook up!!

I'll post the pics sometime today, gotta haul them in from the garage and sit them in front of the pc. I'll get around to it later today probably.

There are no USDM ZC's.

I'll post the pics sometime today, gotta haul them in from the garage and sit them in front of the pc. I'll get around to it later today probably.

There are no USDM ZC's.

thanx!! take your time, im not gonna get the money for a while..

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: hmm LOL!!

BTW::

ZC parts::

Alternator Belt from 88-91 CRX

A/C Belt from88-91 CRX

Timing Belt from 1988 Prelude 2.0 Si

Engine Mounts from 88-91 CRX

Thermostat from88-91 CRX

Crank Seal from 89 Integra

Rear Main Seal from 89 Integra

Cam Oil Seals from 89 Integra

Valve Cover Gasket from 89 Integra

Valve Cover tube seals from 89 Integra

Radiator Hose Upper & Lower from 1984 Accord - Top 88-91CRX-Bottom

Exhaust Gasket from89 Integra

Oil Filter 88-89 from Integra or 88-91 CRX

Spark Plug Wires from1989 Integra

:ninja: you have been ninja-ed!!

USDM 89-teg motor looks the same as the zc but it is not worth the effort to bolt up, the engine code will have a stamp on the motor.. ZC

EDIT:: more parts

Valve covers have the same design. There is no such thing as a USDM ZC.

i never said that..here look at my quote

USDM 89-teg motor looks the same as the zc but it is not worth the effort to bolt up, the engine code will have a stamp on the motor.. ZC

yea the old integra ls motors are exact same thing as a zc except one is a 1.6 and one is a 1.8. i had a dohc non-vtec zc motor with a turbo on it and i would take that motor over a b16a1 anyday(hence i didnt say b16a2). the zc motor loves to be turboed. very very good. also what was the purpose of this thread again?

yea the old integra ls motors are exact same thing as a zc except one is a 1.6 and one is a 1.8. i had a dohc non-vtec zc motor with a turbo on it and i would take that motor over a b16a1 anyday(hence i didnt say b16a2). the zc motor loves to be turboed. very very good. also what was the purpose of this thread again?

They are not the same engine (there are more differences than displacement). Thepurpose is to find out how everyonelikes their ZC's.

They are not the same engine (there are more differences than displacement). Thepurpose is to find out how everyonelikes their ZC's.

so what.. who cares.. close enough

sorry mister exact! :p j/p

• 2 months later...

I have a ZC in my 89 Si. it's pretty quick actually, you'd be suprised. I'm undecided whether I want to sell the car or part it out. either way it has to go. so if you know anyone that would want it, I'll post up some pics. or if anyone needs parts, let me know as well.

as for swap difficulty, it's pretty straight forward. the only thing that's different is the wiring for the distributer.

~Lance

• 2 months later...
ive had my car for .. 15days so far hehe..yea i got the car for 1580$ had some moeny saved up(i work at autozone, as well as that, ERC few friends from SVP to TSR hooked me up wit a buddy buddy hook up.

88-91 JDM Civic Si

86-87 JDM Civic Si

89-92 JDM CRX Si16/1.6i

85-87 JDM CRX Si

90-93 JDM Integra

86-89 JDM Integra

and about dem JDM ZCs.. fawk that crap..who cares about thats crap.. its not like your gonna go all out JDM ZC.. you might might as well getta USDMM non ZC motor swap.. (all IMO)

yea.. it would be clean.. i'l go take piccies and post it in this thread, how dose that sound?

o and about the rims and wheels.. i will get them later.. unless SSR gots tha hook up!!

did you use autozone bolt ons???? w00t

Archived