anyone know tunnel vision??

ogi1der

So I "bought" a type-r engine and lsd tranny from him last week lets say wensday. it was suppostoed arrive at my house on saturday morning. I took work off and had some of my frineds over for the swap. Waited all day and nothing arrived. I tried to call him 4+ times sat sunday and monday. I left him several voicemails. No responce. I finaly got a email from him saying that it was not able to be shipped residunital address and it was going to be shipped to my fathers shop and should be there in one or two days. that was tuesday. its now fridayand i have left several emails voicemails and called him several times. again no responce. I'm not bashing him but I hope I didn't get scamed. I paid via wire-transfer so if anyone knowns anything plz LET ME KNOW

Thanks

-Travis

The user replyed to my wanted add for the LSD and type-r engine. I have account number, cell phone and address. He is located in boston. However I haven't had contact with him sience i belive tuesday. I have called at least once everyday and left voicemails and also emails...idk what to do now. The package should have been here at the very latest yesterday. Although it was suppostoed to arrive last saturday. Thanks guys

-Travis

What did you pay through? And how much did you pay? If it was nowhere close to even $3000, you got took. That's why you don't f*ck around with Honda people when spending big, either the stuff is stolen, broken, or a scam.

not to rub salt in the wounds, but most times when a customer requests a wire xfer it is usually a scam. The funds to him are instantly verified, and he can withdraw them and be gone. Wire transfer has no fraud protections either, like ebay (with money orders) , paypal, or credit card.

The appropriate thing to do in this instance would have been to arrange your own shipping pickup and to have the driver administer the bank check/money order to the guy. worst case you would have had a service charge from the shipping company of $50 or so if they guy stiffed the driver.

Or, given that you are in upstate NY and the guy is only in boston if you bought something for more than a couple $100 I would have just gone and picked it up in person.

First thing for you to do at this point is to contact the banks to inquire about options and to ask them what they would recommend you do, since he utilized them to perpetrate the fraud. They will probably direct you to a dept of commerce with the state and have you file a report. Once the report is filed they may get a court order to freeze his accounts and hand over all information to the state for investigation. First thing, call your bank and talk to the bank manager directly, then call his bank and talk to that manager directly as well.

Chances are your money will never be recovered, but at least your actions can help stop him from scamming others in the future.

weiner status achived :thumbsup: . I talked to the guy several times a day, he gave me his home address and personal cell phone number. Everything seemed totaly legit about the engine and everything elase. Sorry for haveing a little faith that there are actually good/honest people left in this world. Obivlously I learned my lesson and not trust anyone no matter how legit everything seems. Thanks :chair:

-Travis

perfectly okay to trust people, just don't trust someone you have never met to come through with a product you have never seen when you are sending them thousands of dollars with no recourse options on your part.

hopefully the money you lost, while really sucking alot, will not cause you financial hardship.

:huggles:

have an e-hug, it'll be alright.

perfectly okay to trust people, just don't trust someone you have never met to come through with a product you have never seen when you are sending them thousands of dollars with no recourse options on your part.

hopefully the money you lost, while really sucking alot, will not cause you financial hardship.

:huggles:

have an e-hug, it'll be alright.

Yes unfortunetly it did hurt financialy (considering I'm payign my way through college and all) and he did send me pix that he hosted of the engine etc. However now I'm going to be taking legal action and find out where that leaves me. Thanks for the e-hug :huggles: and understanding

-Travis

The only option you really have is small claims court. Even then, you'll probably be paying more in fees than you have already lost / that you would receive if you won.

Your best course of action at this time is to go on all of the major car forums and see if there are any others who have been scammed by this guy. You won't be able to just use his screen name, as scammers use various s/n's on various forums. You know this guy's name and location, so go ahead and post it up.

On another note, it's unfortunate that fellow HF'ers feel the need to laugh at someone for getting scammed. If this guy came on posting that he paid $1,000 for the motor and doesn't know why he got ripped off, it would be a little understandable for people to have similar responses, but we don't know how much he paid or the details. For all we know, he paid regular asking price and the seller flaked out.

Tell me how much you sent him to buy and ship it to you, then I'll see if I should agree that you should trust him. If the price was too close to the price of a legit place, you should have just went through there; if it was too low, you were going to be buying a stolen item; if it was a nice inbetween, you were getting scammed.

judge judy take it there. my friend went to a dispute on there and they payed the money that the kid owed, payed for hotel, aiplace tickets everything.. he didnt spend a penny he gained more than he originally lost.

Here is some legit information for you too.

Honda Integra Type-R B18C Complete Changeover

'96/97 Spec $4400 Plus Shipping

'98/'99/'00 Spec $4950 Plus Shipping

$500 Shipping

Dc2Reng.jpg

I'm guessing you were took for around $2,000 to $3000.

Archived