Good/Bad News

compuvision02

Went to the track today, pulled a 2.228 60' on a 13.858 @ 101.02 run, on crapty ass Toyo Proxes RA-1 road racing and autocross tires. That means with a good 60' on slicks, I should be low 13's, possibly high 12's. I pulled a 2.2 60' at 14.7 on the Toyo Proxes RA-1's when I was bone stock and when I slapped on some BF Goodrich Comp T/A Drag Radials, I pulled a 2.0 60' at 14.2, so with slicks, I should be dropping a good bit. Overall, I am pretty happy with what the camshafts did, lost a second on the same tires with a lower launch; launched today off launch control at 4800 and was launching at 6500 to 7000 back when I was stock.

Bad new, I'm guessing it was on the return lane, I believe a stone got caught up in my lower timing belt cover. Thankfully I heard a wierd noise and popped my hood, we pushed it under a light and saw my timing belt getting dug into. I had to drive it about a mile to the nearest gas station so I could call AAA, that small drive did so much more deterioration to my timing belt, it did not break, it wasn't that close, but it was close enough. Got it towed home. My mechanic said he will do the timing belt for me for free, thankfully. I probably shouldn't have gone to the track after losing my job, oh well.

Also got my gauges in the mail, I feel like such a ricer, haha. They will most likely go in tomorrow too. Well, two of the three.

I personally do not touch my car. I hate working on cars, I don't do it unless I have to. Everytime I do, I run into stupid crap, like rust, which I do not have the tools to handle, so it just makes it more of a pain in the ass to have to find someone right away. All the stuff on my car was done by my personal mechanic, except my swap which was done by a Honda technician who does swaps on the side, all the time. My personal mechanic does all my stuff off the clock as side work, I bring everything to him.

Ah that sucks man.....so that's why we didn't go to Hooters lol...

As for working on cars....I do what I can with what I got, and I feel that I've done plenty of work by myself....but lately I just don't feel like running into stupid crapt like broken bolts, rust, or seized bushings; so I take it to the same guy Rob does.

That's cool if you don't work on your own car.

For me, that kind of defeats the purpose of having a modified car. I love to work on my car because of the challenge and the pride. The only thing I take my car in for is machining, major body work or alignment.

Here is a picture of my timing belt.

30585635jl2.jpg

Got new air conditioning and alternator belt are in too.

And yeah, I know what you mean, but to some people it isn't about doing the work. I like to do the research, buy, show, and race. I want to start a speed shop down the road and only do the business side of it and get technicians.

I'll stick with imports.

Why are you changing your timing chain already, those are usually good for a minute.

I was being sarcastic because for some people, without the proper tools and patience..even something as simple as a timing BELT..could be a massive pain in the ass.

As for me.. MY engine bay couldn't be any tighter.

Edit -- GOD DAAAAAAMN that pebble fracked you up.

wow awesome times Rob! :D

hey, you get it fixed for free! awesome :)

hehe, anytime I do anything, I end up shaking because I'm not strong enough...

I once got out of class and found one tire flat and changed it but had to stand on the wrench and jump up and down and the lug nuts were still not tight enough...lol, let's just say my arms had no strengh after I was done!

My bad, the first thing I should have posted was madd props for the solid track times.

And yeah, I know what you mean, but to some people it isn't about doing the work. I like to do the research, buy, show, and race. I want to start a speed shop down the road and only do the business side of it and get technicians.

That's coo, i bet eventually down the line you will end up turning wrenchs for fun.

i love working on my car. wouldnt have it any other way. theres a total difference between knowing something and doing it though, and though i might know more, i learn a crapton more when i just go and do it.

congrats on the times man, i cant wait to get my car to the track to see what it can do. and gladly you heard the belt before anything worse happened.

lol dude your threads are getting the honda bug nibbling at me.

you should see some of the crap i've bought for a car i don't even have. one em1 si cluster, one jdm ctr cluster, ls mesh rims, civic hx rims, 99/00 climate control, and just put out an order for a b-series exedy organic disc clutch with fidanza flywheel.

i hope my current car isn't jealous. :(

I plan on it.

I'll keep the Trans Am (because I owe a ton on it and it's probably the most fun car I've ever owned) and get a 96/00 Civic..preferably a hatch but I'll take an EX with power locks and windows.

Then the fun will begin.

Can't.

I'm short on funds. Damn clutch just wiped out what spending money I had. The rest goes to bills and my car note is next week. :p

Archived