Carbon Fiber Hood Experts

I have a VIS carbon fiber hood that i think TURNED yellowish color. I dont think its supposed to be this color because under the hood the carbon fiber is the normal grey/black color. The hood is still shiny not dull looking. Someone told me that all i need to do is sand the hood down to take the top layer off and clear coat it becasue it only has resin? I just wanted more than one persons input to make sure. Also do i need any extra material to remove the yellowish color on the hood and make it the normal black/grey color or is it too late. Thanks for the help.

either sand it or contact VIS. the guy i bought my hood from, on his old hood it turned yellow and they replaced it for no charge.

I thought that VIS had a guarantee against yellowing. So as long as the hood isn't a fake and I would guess you would need the original reciept you might be able to have it replaced for free.

Well since the corners are a little chipped i doubt they would take it back. So i am going to try and just take it to a bodyshop and let them sand it and clear coat it. Anyone know how many coats is good?

Well since the corners are a little chipped i doubt they would take it back. So i am going to try and just take it to a bodyshop and let them sand it and clear coat it. Anyone know how many coats is good?

that wouldnt matter. since they are guaranteed to not change color they'd have to take it back if you had the receipt and whatnot.

Archived