performance with least compromise

jjcuff1

My 94 s is a daily driver and the D15b& runs great, the exhaust is rotted and I was going to get a mugen twin loop OBX knockoff. I do not want a loud exhaust but some extra power is wanted. I have a CAI coming.

I figure once my brakes, tires are done I might throw a 4-2-1 (OBX) for extra performance. I figure those items will not effect MPG much but help it run much better.

Clutch is 10yrs old, so I figure when that goes I should get a lighter flywheel? would that help spinning rpm faster and improve mpg?

for wheel s I was going to stay with 15" 205/50

if you don't want a loud exhaust i would say RS*r ExMag. a 4-1 header. and yes a lighter flywheel will help the car build revs quicker.

if you don't want a loud exhaust i would say RS*r ExMag. a 4-1 header. and yes a lighter flywheel will help the car build revs quicker.

Yeah, more performance goodies will encorage use but a simple CAI and muffler will help MPG I think because of less back pressure and in daily driving would require slighly less throttle to get to same speed.

I have always seen with just exhaust mods (headers/muffler/CAI) that on average MPG is same or better, excpet for driving style. Wheels typically hurt MPG.

You are right in daily city driving the del slo could use some more power in second gear.

I can not safely start in second from a roll coming into traffic. It takes like a 1/4mile just to get to 40MPH. SO I am forced to downshift to first, slip the clutch to 3500rpm to minimze the kick and still it bogs to 25mph but does get up to 40-45mph nicely.

For a daily driver the car is fun to drive and engine is great I think a simple tranny swap is all it needs to utilize the engine and maintain MPG. There is too much RPM drop between all gears. Even 2-3 and 3-4 drop 1000rpm between shifts and that is OVER 4000 RPM!!! if I shift at 2500-3000 RPM the engine drops over 1200 RPM and almost bogs. Shifting below 2500 is a simple putter to 5th gear but the car almost stalls if you punch it outside of first below 2000rpm..

Pretty funny.

I know swap info is all over but is it cheaper to just get a tranny swap done at a shop for a taller gear from a b16? will it mount?

I am not spending 2k plus labor to swap a perfectly good and fun D15B7 with a B16 or turbo so I guess

I/H/E minimum what about tranny options?

If it takes you 1/4 mile to get to 40, your car is sloooooooooooooow....That means it must run like a 25 in the 1/4....

ok a 1/4 mile is too much but probably 1/8

from a 5mph roll start in 2nd below 2500 rpm and give it gas on a stock del slo and watch her creep to 40mph

if you want to swap a tranny into it your best bet would be to find a z6 tranny out of an 92-95 EX/SI that will help your acceleration out alot.

he was talking about swapping a b16 tranny. plus your car isn't stock his is. b2 that came stock in my hatch was sloooow.

But he has a B7. Which has double the valves the B2 has. It has close to 40hp more than the B2.

D15B7 can be quick, for very little cost.

help me yoda :-)

My car runs fines and I drive fine. Exaggerating. I hate to bust open a perfectly good engine for head or full swap when I can (have too) replace typical wear items for my daily driver. If I have to replace might as well upgrade. Example

Exhaust is rusted so get a muffler catback

CAI no brainer

clutch will go soon (105k miles stock) so get a lighter flywheel while at it.

engine runs stong and good mpg so I do not want to spend money on a z6 head swap

header is a good idea.

But he has a B7. Which has double the valves the B2 has. It has close to 40hp more than the B2.

D15B7 can be quick, for very little cost.

How many valves does the B7 have, cause I have a D15B2 and it has 16valves, so that would make the B7 have 32 valves if your statement is correct.

EDIT: SolLes you are thinking of the HF engines, the B6 and B8 that have 8valves

How many valves does the B7 have, cause I have a D15B2 and it has 16valves, so that would make the B7 have 32 valves if your statement is correct.

EDIT: SolLes you are thinking of the HF engines, the B6 and B8 that have 8valves

my B7 has 16v. Never thought of that but 4 valves per cylinder is good from a performance standpoint.

a nice header exhaust cai would probably wake it up a bit and I would be happy

I wouldn't do a cam just change head to z6 but then want tranny too so at a complete swap standpoint.

leave teh I/H/E and save for a new civic SI with k20 for fun

Jesus Christ. 16v should be as much as those heads can contain.

Yeah thats all they have but SolLes said that the b7 had double the valves of a b2

b2 has 16v so in order for his statment to be correct a b7 would need 32v, which it does NOT.

I think what he was thinking of was the HF engines that had only 8v (B6,B8)

Lol, it's bad enough a four cylinder has as many valves per head as a 96/04 Mustang GT had between two..

BUT 32???? WOOF.

Perhaps your shifting problems are due to your exhaust problems. You said your exhaust is rotted.....later you said it's just rusted. If it's full of holes and crumbling apart then I'd say it's gonna affect how it's currently driving. Once you replace it I'll bet it shifts a whole lot better.

Lol, it's bad enough a four cylinder has as many valves per head as a 96/04 Mustang GT had between two..

BUT 32???? WOOF.

Yeah when I first got my car my said said WTF this thing has 16v, no way its only a 4 cylinder some 6cylinders only have 16v

Yeah when I first got my car my said said WTF this thing has 16v, no way its only a 4 cylinder some 6cylinders only have 16v

it is rotted in some spots and barks at times under load/clutching so it is bad.

I will change out next

Archived