I jumped ship

civicplaya20

So I have posted a couple different topics on what I may get, or what may happen. Well something has finally happened. I bought my first domestic. 1999 Firebird. 5 speed v8 :) oh and the price.... well it was only 7700. As for mileage it has 56k on it. So all in all it's not a bad deal. On top of that I got it from a dealership so it has gone through a little bit of inspection.

I'll post pics tomorrow when I can and it's light out.

KBB value on a 5-speed firebird is 8k.

If it is a 6-speed V8, then you got a deal because that would be valued at 10,500.

Trans Am is worth $12k :drool:

Sorry about your luck.

• 2 weeks later...
KBB value on a 5-speed firebird is 8k.

If it is a 6-speed V8, then you got a deal because that would be valued at 10,500.

Trans Am is worth $12k :drool:

Sorry about your luck.

I hate posting this as late as I am, but you'd be hardpressed to even go onto Ebay and pick up a Trans Am for 12K.

'

And, actually Billy. While it might be "lame", it's probably faster than your Civic.

yea, dont sleep on that GM 3.8 v6 with a 5 speed, itsfaser than you think. my 02 camaro had that set up and could leave awd turbo talons and eclipes out the hole and walk them the rest of the 1320

Maybe bone-stock Talon's if they couldn't launch. Get the jump and hold them off. Average 3.8 F-bodies go mid/high 15's. SOME get lower, but..again..that's some.

When modifications are introduced, however..the gloves come off.

Again, you'd be surprised at what an F-body can do with the proper suspension tweaking.

After all -- A Camaro/Firebird is nothing more than the broke man's Corvette.

Well here is the pic that I have needed to put up. It's a clean car and when I can start modding it I will have a whole lot of fun.

0524072216.jpg

Oh and forgive me for making the mistake about it being a v8. This is my first domestic, cut me some slack

First step you'll need to learn now that you're a domestic driver..

You gotta' have thick skin. If people wanna' talk about your Wee-six, tell them to piss off.

The car is clean dude. You should look into investing in some 98/02 Camaro SS rims, and/or chromed/polished C5 Z06 rims. BOTH look fantastic on these cars.

Archived