Sony cyber shot digital camera

I just bought my wife a 8.1 mp Sony cybershot digital camera. She doesnt get it for another week but I was wondering does anyone have this, or a similar camera. And if so what do you think? I bought it for like $280 from an online store.

Model number?

I have a Cyber-Shot U that I absolutely love because of it's size (everyone calls it my spy camera). It ended up having some kind of issue with it (affected a lot of Cybershot models and some of the camcorders I guess), I thought it was ruined, but then I found out about that, Sony sent me a shipping label, fixed it, shipped it back, and it's good as new now.

Sony® Cyber-shot® DSC-W90 8.1MP Digital Camera

Price...$295.00

Perfectly capture and relive the magic of life with crisp resolution and a host of high-tech features—even shooting in low light without flash to preserve the mood. Face detection makes skin tones appear more natural; D-range optimization provides greater detail in highlights and shadows. In-camera retouching and red-eye reduction quickly improves shots you've taken. For simple sharing with family and friends, HD (high definition) output makes photos look spectacular on compatible HDTV screens.

8.1-megapixel Super HAD™ CCD

Carl Zeiss® 3X optical/6X digital zoom lens

3264 x 2448 max. resolution

2.5" LCD

MPEG movie VX w/ audio

Memory Stick Duo/Pro Duo media compatibility

So this is the one I got, um would give you guys a link but its on my account so I cant do it. Im not sure about the price if I got a good deal or not but it was tax free and free shipping. So I guess its cool, should get it next week and I bought a case for it. Figured it would be a good camera to take pictures at parties and clubs with, or something like New Years.

So this is the one I got, um would give you guys a link but its on my account so I cant do it. Im not sure about the price if I got a good deal or not but it was tax free and free shipping. So I guess its cool, should get it next week and I bought a case for it. Figured it would be a good camera to take pictures at parties and clubs with, or something like New Years.

Don't worry about it :p

http://b2b.sony.com/Solutions/product/DSC-W90

Sounds pretty good for what you paid. You'll have to post up some pics from it when it comes in.

I don't know if Sony has changed since, but about 3 years ago I bought a 7.2mp DSC-P150. It's a pretty decent camera, my only gripe is the blurry pics. If your hand isn't PERFECTLY still, the picture comes out blurry as hell. The viewfinder seems to have gotten a layer of haze over it, and the viewfinder and LCD images don't match up perfectly. Also, a few specs of dust have gotten on the CCD which is annoying.

All in all though, it's a pretty great camera.

• 3 months later...

Archived