What should I do?

neto66

I have a 1999 Civic EX and I want to have some opinions on what I should do. I have a D16 VTEC SOHC and I was thinking of doing an engine swap with either a h22a or b18c. My other idea is just to turbo my D16. My engine is practically new it has only 56k original miles. What's the verdict?

Ernesto

With 56K I would keep the D. What are you looking to spend and what are your purposes for the car(ie daily driving, track, etc.)

If you do decide to swap it out let me know i may be interested in your d16.

I use my car for daily drive to work, but I also want to change my wheels and take it to the track on the weekends. If I do swap the engine I will let you know.

I use my car for daily drive to work, but I also want to change my wheels and take it to the track on the weekends. If I do swap the engine I will let you know.

Ok so how much do you wanna spend/how fast do you wanna make it?

I want to be in the 12's or low 13's on quater mile and I basically will spend whatever money it takes to build my car. I know it will take time and money but when I have the money it will go into the car. As of now I have 3k available.

stick a GSR engine in it , fuk the h22. pain in the ass engine to get into , and work on once its in there. B16A or B18C. that or boost the D.

b18c1 (gsr) motor, integra type-r lsd tranny, intake manifold, larger throttle body, cold air intake, header, and exhaust. With that, you will hit low 14s, maybe high 13s if youre a really good driver. you will still have the option for more upgrades such as a turbo unlike you would a d-series. once you turbo a d-series, there isnt much more you can do. besides, a turbo on stock internals for a D will get you the same times as you would with a gsr swap, but with the gsr, you can still turbo it and get even better times.:thumbsup:

I have a 1999 Civic EX and I want to have some opinions on what I should do. I have a D16 VTEC SOHC and I was thinking of doing an engine swap with either a h22a or b18c. My other idea is just to turbo my D16. My engine is practically new it has only 56k original miles. What's the verdict?

Ernesto

ok the d16 is a very strong engine and can be modified to over 473 hp if done right........ everyone so far has an opinion and they're right it just depends on what type of power how much power and how your gonna use your car.. if thats your daily driver keep the d16 and start from inside out i.e: cams, lifters, lowering the compression, gears, valves, crankshaft and pistons.......etc..... its gonna take time and money but i guarantee you'll be very pleased with the results

Here is the thing, we all know the coupe is heavy and I have done some weight reduction but it is still heavy. Besides that I weigh like 300lbs. I know, I know, I shouldn't be driving a honda but I love em'. I need torque and the reason I was considering a h22a is because of the low end power. I love my D16 but I feel it will cost me much more to fix up than doing a swap, and I like b18c, but they are mad expensive.... sorry just airing out some thoughts.

the h22 doesnt have much more power than a gsr or type r. gsr is the best platform if you want to turbo eventually and its alot easier to swap in compared to an h22. if you just want big power and more bang for your buck, go for the gsr.

dude putting H22's in civics and tegs sucks ass , lol. ever worked on a prelude? theres hardly enough room in them to work on the engine. do yourself a favor , go with a B series engine and hit up LA weight loss , lol.

Archived