About Turbos

VerkineX

suck my nuts. My dad is a mechanic and I know alot about cars. I put a 1950 studebaker truck back together and got it running and drivable.I may not be god of turbos, I will admit that. I may not know everything about honda engines, however, I do know alot about engine basics. I should know about a VAFC, concidering I just ordered one. You guys are right, he wouldn't nessessarily need a stage 3 clutch, however, he won't be running stock after a turbo. I'm not calling you guys dumbasses, we are just in a dissagreement. U two need to settle down. Whenever someone says somethinf I disagree with, I don't call them a dumbcrap and rip on them, I just post my disagreement. You guys have to admit, nothing that I said is far from the truth...and I do agree that with a hondata system, u could run a VTEC and turbo, but that is not an option for this guy concidering a hondata system costs around $1000.

and I do agree that with a hondata system, u could run a VTEC and turbo, but that is not an option for this guy concidering a hondata system costs around $1000.

i still dont think you understand. you can run a turbo on a VTEC engine with or without hondata. all hondata does, depending on stage, is allow for easier a/f adjustments, if you're going turbo it also has a boost controller.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes that is true that high compression engines dont take boost well...however there is an easy remedy to lowering compression ratios without pistons, I belive the compression ratio for a stock d16z is 9:5.1 well you can bring this down by using stakeable head gaskets. Stacking these head gaskets allows for more boost. My dad used to do this with his hotrods when SC applications came abroard. However Ive also seen people with the greddy kit with intercooler running 9psi on a stock engine.

suck my nuts. My dad is a mechanic and I know alot about cars. I put a 1950 studebaker truck back together and got it running and drivable.I may not be god of turbos, I will admit that. I may not know everything about honda engines, however, I do know alot about engine basics. I should know about a VAFC, concidering I just ordered one. You guys are right, he wouldn't nessessarily need a stage 3 clutch, however, he won't be running stock after a turbo. I'm not calling you guys dumbasses, we are just in a dissagreement. U two need to settle down. Whenever someone says somethinf I disagree with, I don't call them a dumbcrap and rip on them, I just post my disagreement. You guys have to admit, nothing that I said is far from the truth...and I do agree that with a hondata system, u could run a VTEC and turbo, but that is not an option for this guy concidering a hondata system costs around $1000.

Man I guess there is one of these on every board. :crazy:

Archived