What is the best swap ?

Silent Bob

The biggest VTEC you can put in is the H22A out of a JDM Prelude Type S.

The best bang for your buck is the B18C1 out of a GSR. They come in pretty cheap at $3,000-$4,000 depending on where you get it from.

You can get them around 3300 from JDMHONDAPARTS.COM

but if you dont want to use nitrous to heavy or high boost turbo you can get a civic SI-R engine

upgrade the cams etc. to TYPE-R and you will smoke all of the EX and Si civics

then you could add a turbo and 55+shot if you upgrade to turbo pistons and turbo cams ECU etc.

i would just save up for a B18C5 (ITR) or a H22A like SSR said. they are both bad ass motors and take well to turbo easy. jsut a few small upgrades and u can run 15+ lbs of boost all day

b18c1? itr's have really high compression and actually dont take well to turbo. the gsr's have lower compression and do really well when mated with a turbo.

si-r or gs-r with r cams or stage 3 cams and vavles turbo twin turbo nos super what ever

3" exuast or so many choises

Until you learn something about cars, please don't post about things you have no idea about.

darksaint Posted on Apr 10 2003, 12:57 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of phone did you have ... err. Oh, you mean VTEC.

I think the most popular are the B18 swaps, but they aren't cheap. 

Haha, I finally decided to take a minute and think about it. VTECH is a phone company, that made my day, woo, oh-boy, that was embarrassing.

tru but silvia i meant on when u do a little bit of the upgrades u could get a lwoer compression piston but still have all the goods of the itr motor. but then why do that. jsut buy a gsr and but itr parts in it and then mate it to a t3/t4 hybrid turbo and run 15+ pounds of boost. lol that or the h22a jsut upgrade your internals and get a t-78h turbo from greddy and be preparred to run 15-20 pounds of boost all day. my buddy has one in his prelude and has a t-78h turbo and runs 18 pounds of boost on the street and 22 at the track. he is scary though cause he drives liek a maniac at the track

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It really depends on how fast you want to go. Like what are you looking for do you want to spent the money and go really big then invest in a b18c Gsr or Type R. Just remember you can get just as much power if not more out of a b16 if built right. and a hell of a lot cheaper than the b18's. I only have a b16 and I pull low #'s at the track.. Just ask around and get a bunch of info everyone has there own opinion about what motor...

• 4 months later...

Archived