I Love JL

personaly from 1st hand experience i would put focals mid range vs jl's top of the line any day, and focal's prices are a bit better. especialy when it comes to their speakers, since JL's actual speakers are FTL.

you have to keep in perspective. Focal is true hi fidelity equipment. Any professional SQ enthusiast will give focal its well deserved credit, but you end up forking out big bucks for the quality. Sure, they offer lower end equipment and that where you have to be careful when comparing Focal speakers to JL speakers (assuming we are talking about mid-range speakers here. Focals low end stuff cost a little bit less then JL's mid - high end speakers. But if you look at focal's high end speakers, you will be forking out well over a grand for component set.

As far as subs, focal dont make real high output subs, they make them to be musical. You have to have the ears to know what focal's design is for. Im not a fan . . im more SPL oriented, but for pure fidelity focal stands as one of the best companies out there next to companies like Helix, Arc, Macintosh (MTX owned), Rainbow Audio, Brax etc. . . its all top dollar crap though.

Since this thread is already fouled up. I'm just gonna thread-jack for a sec.

Here's my setup. Criticism welcome.

10" MTX Thunder 7500 (rated 400rms) w/ MTX 401D (also 400rms) in 0.67 cubic-foot seal box

Decent SQL setup. I dunno, It wouldnt be enough for me. But for a small daily setup im sure it gets loud enough for what you want it to do and probably wont piss off too many neighbors. Im betting it sounds alot better in the cab then outside the car.

personaly from 1st hand experience i would put focals mid range vs jl's top of the line any day, and focal's prices are a bit better. especialy when it comes to their speakers, since JL's actual speakers are FTL.

Two years old...awesome!

Archived