soo my ipod nano, gotten in this last december, one day decided to freeze. it stayed on and frozen. so i siad what eva, it'll fix it's self. so i come back to it the next day and its off, and won't turn back on.

so what in da hell do i do? take it to an apple store or can i resset it myself.

Hold down the Menu and Play buttons simultaneously until it resets (if that combo doesn't work, try holding down the Menu button and center button). Make sure the hold lock isn't on when you do this.

Hold down the Menu and Play buttons simultaneously until it resets (if that combo doesn't work, try holding down the Menu button and center button). Make sure the hold lock isn't on when you do this.

i think you have to toggle the hold switch on and off a couple times and then do that

i think you have to toggle the hold switch on and off a couple times and then do that

I usually toggle it first, but I'm pretty sure I've had it work without toggling it. My video has frozen up like this about three times now since I've had it (December). Never had the problem with my old 20 gig (the first gen with the click wheel).

Ummm not to sure about how to fix it but I worked in a electronic store. And I have also done this many times.. Buy a new one return the old one in the new box(IF yours still looks new) have it exchanged for another one so they dont know what your up 2(dont get a full refund) that might have them open it up and check it . come back in about 3 days should have a 14-30 days to return or exchange. now you have 2 working ipods.. sell the 2nd one :).. good luck.

Ummm not to sure about how to fix it but I worked in a electronic store. And I have also done this many times.. Buy a new one return the old one in the new box(IF yours still looks new) have it exchanged for another one so they dont know what your up 2(dont get a full refund) that might have them open it up and check it . come back in about 3 days should have a 14-30 days to return or exchange. now you have 2 working ipods.. sell the 2nd one :).. good luck.

This is a common problem, it seems, with the newer iPods. Apple even includes the instructions on how to fix it in the book that comes with the iPod. Other than that, both of the solutions have already been posted above:

To solve it:

Either toggle the hold switch, then hold down the buttons (either Menu + Play, or Menu + Center).

OR

Let the battery drain fully, then charge.

Archived