1990 civic dx

brandnewcourage

i dont know anything about my car, besides the Hanes manual, and the engine finally died, cracked head...

im just asking what to do from here..what would you guys recommend as a new engine/tran combo (its automatic..might as well switch it over to manual) and any other tweaks...

thanks

Get a JDM B20Z and a GSR or Si transmission. You'll have a little over 140 horsepower and good torque, would look it up but I'm tired. Then later on, you can do a B20/VTEC conversion and make good power and awesome torque.

hmotorsonline.com

depends on what you want. if you want to go fast and have max performance then go ahead and do something like superstreetrx7 said. but if you don't really care that much, or maybe just want something that was a little more than the old engine then pick up a d16z6 or y8 (y8 = more power...but not much) with the tranny. you could probably find a z6 for $500-600 or less...y8 will run a little more because of its rare factor and the fact that its what people like you want.

Well, a VTEC motor would be cool in your car, however, it would be dificult to rewire your car and harness for VTEC. I would say just go with the ZC engine swap. They are cheap(from $600-$800) and are DOHC(not VTEC). My friend had one in his CRX and that thing ran a 14.7 quarter mile with just bolt-on's! :o I don't remember which tranny he was using, so I'll ask him and post back. Most likely it was just a CRX SI tranny. His model was the HF.

Well, a VTEC motor would be cool in your car, however, it would be dificult to rewire your car and harness for VTEC. I would say just go with the ZC engine swap. They are cheap(from $600-$800) and are DOHC(not VTEC). My friend had one in his CRX and that thing ran a 14.7 quarter mile with just bolt-on's! :o I don't remember which tranny he was using, so I'll ask him and post back. Most likely it was just a CRX SI tranny. His model was the HF.

WTF are you talking about? When swapping an engine, you swap in the ECU that belongs to that engine.

Well, when you drop in a engine that has VTEC into a car that was never meant for VTEC, you have to rewire a bunch of stuff. I'm not sure of everything that you have to rewire, but I do know for a fact that you have to rewire stuff...

Well, when you drop in a engine that has VTEC into a car that was never meant for VTEC, you have to rewire a bunch of stuff. I'm not sure of everything that you have to rewire, but I do know for a fact that you have to rewire stuff...

No you don't. You use the ECu from the engine you put in and get a harness adaptor, no re-wiring.

oh, I wasn't aware of that. That's cool. I'll have to tell my friend to get the VTEC ZC engine, cause that thing would really fly!!!

Not flaming, but don't tell people what do do when you don't know about it.

Archived