MY OFFICIAL AUDIO THREAD

i finally got my set up...heres wat i got goin on...

ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCH AMP

12" CROSSFIRE AMP

and install kit

amp.jpg

RFamp.jpg

free rockford fosgate amp ftw!!!

my first problem...i went today to get a amp install kit thinkin i need an amp kit for a 300 watt amp(cause the amp says 300x and i thought it was 300watt,stupid me), BUT when i got home i realized that the RF amp has max potential of 600 watt and i bought a kit to handle up to 400 watt...now my first question is, im using the amp JUST for the sub and not for the sub and speakers, so can i use this 400 watt kit anyway?

thank yaz

im not 100% sure but i think youll be fine because you wont be running peak power. but wait for someone elses confirmation just be to sure.

looks like you have a rim as a guard for the sub. you should get rims to match and cram some pimpage

im not 100% sure but i think youll be fine because you wont be running peak power. but wait for someone elses confirmation just be to sure.

looks like you have a rim as a guard for the sub. you should get rims to match and cram some pimpage

WAY AHEAD OF U...i picked out these wheels (in 16s) around a month ago and come to find out they look identical to the sub guard except they are black...wierd huh???

741edgeracing.jpg

haha thats sweet. so what profile tire are you running on your sub box?

hahaha...the tires just there to hide the bolts, holding the actuall guard on(2 pieces). The guy we bought the sub from said that he would gives us the guards as long as we didnt return them cause they cant sell them...so i was like OOHH YEAH!!! lol

hahah, here take these, dont come back!

yeah.lol

i got the amp 4 free also...it came with the original box,in the plastic bag with the cardboard pieces on the end of the amp, some wireing harnesses(never used), two allen keys for the side pieces that cover the wires, and even the original Team Rockford Fosgate sticker...its in great condish too. hopefully it works.

Im proly going to do the install this sunday on monday, so does anybody have any input on if the install kit will work that i was talkin about at the beginning???

yeah youre find with those wires

Punch 300X :

75Watts X 4 PUNCH AMP

rockford fosgate amplifiers

Specifications

* 2-, 3-, 4-channel or Tri-Way output

* 75 watts x 4 at 2 ohms

* 150 watts x 2 in bridged mode

* 80 Hz low-pass, 120 high-pass crossover, 12 dB/octave

* preamp outputs for easy connection to a second amplifier

* 2-Year Warranty

yeah youre find with those wires

Punch 300X :

75Watts X 4 PUNCH AMP

rockford fosgate amplifiers

Specifications

* 2-, 3-, 4-channel or Tri-Way output

* 75 watts x 4 at 2 ohms

* 150 watts x 2 in bridged mode

* 80 Hz low-pass, 120 high-pass crossover, 12 dB/octave

* preamp outputs for easy connection to a second amplifier

* 2-Year Warranty

man i really apreciate all the help o:)

ill ask more questions when i do the install. I know its not going to work properly at first because of all the swithches and knobs on the amp need to be adjusted and as of now i dont know excactly wat they do but i should be able to figure them out somehow

well as a first question...there are two wires i need to run on seperate sides of the car cause of the distortion it creates when they are close...its the power and what other cable? Im going to run the power cable on the right side since my battery is located on the right side of the engine bay.

the RC cable. plugs from the back of the deck to the amp, maybe the remote wire as well. i ran all my cables on the same side and didnt have problems.

You should always run power down the opposite of the vehicle from signal. Just because you didn't have any problems doesn't mean others won't. RCAs and the remote wire should come from the back of the deck. They can be run down the same side, and *many* RCA cables include the remote wire. Power should be run down whichever side of the vehicle the battery is closer to. I did it differently in my Civic because the hole in the firewall I ran my power through was next to my steering column.

EDIT: To add, I had Fosgate subs once and they kicked serious ass. Don't know much about their amps, but I'm willing to bet they'll be fine.

i wasnt saying he shouldnt do it but ive helped 5 of my friends install stuff and theres never been a problem

ill do it just to be safe...im doing it tomarow so be prepared for plenty of "uh's???" lol

any suggestion when drilling through the fire wall?

ill do it just to be safe...im doing it tomarow so be prepared for plenty of "uh's???" lol

any suggestion when drilling through the fire wall?

you shouldnt need to drill through anything. theres a rubber plug, mine was probably 4 inches in diameter, that you can go through. mine was up above the clutch to the left a little bit, yours is probably in the same area.

you shouldnt need to drill through anything. theres a rubber plug, mine was probably 4 inches in diameter, that you can go through. mine was up above the clutch to the left a little bit, yours is probably in the same area.

thanx

im in the middle of the installation and have some more ?s... where do all the plugs go??? lol

tell me if this is right... Amp RCAs go to the "Front Input"...Sub RCAs go the "Rear Input"( i guess the "Pass Through" is for multiple amps)... Ground wire goes to the plug "GND"...and the Power goes to the plug B+????

plz tell me if all this is right...ASAP...i want out of this heat!!!

thanx to all!!!

GND-->metal

Amp power cable-->battery

Amp RCA-->head unit

Amp Power Antennae Cable-->head unit

Sub Wires--> + and - terminals on amp

well looks like i cant finish it today cause i blew the friggin fuse...guess i dont have a turn on lead???

heres the problem...i dont have + and - terminal leads on the amp. i cant explain it...give me a couple minutes and ill post up pics of the layout of the amp...

give me a couple minutes and ill post up pics of the layout of the amp...

heres some really bad picsbut ill tell u wat each plug stands for...

side1.jpg

(left to right, excactly the same ason the amp)

(black knob): Front Gain

(black switch): HP-AL-LP Front Crossover

(black wireing harness): Front High Level Input (R+, L+, R-, L-)

(1st series of pink/white RCA): Front Input

(2nd series of pink/white RCA): Pass Through

(3rd series of pink/white RCA): Rear Input

(black wireing harness): Rear High Level Input(R+, L+, R-, L-)

(black switch): 4/2 Input

(another black switch):HP-AP-LP Rear Crossover

(black knob) Rear Gain

other side...

side2.jpg

left rear + -

right rear + -

REM plug (gold)

Middle series of black holes) B+ and GND

...LED light...

left front + -

right front + -

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ if u can tell me were to plug everything in at...im must be makin it more difficult than it already is. sorry

REM-> to reviever should be like a blue wire

B+-> to your battery

GND-> is your ground which should go to some clean metal

-+ for wiring your sub(s)

RCA-> to receiver inputs

It looks like your need to have your -+ and RCA need to match up ie front with front rear with rear.

Just choose either one and should be alright.

Hope this helps some.

well since i didnt get imediate responses i decided to go to the RF website and they are helping me as we speak (or type)

my first thoughts of where to plug everything in at is correct from ealier in the thread i just need to coneect the REM wire...problem is the amp was given to me and it didnt come with the REM wire so ima try an make my own...if u can help me with that, thats all i need now...hopefully.

heres my problem now...tec support on RF site says the REM plugs into RCA jacks in the head unit...but the REM plug in the amp only has one hookup, the RCA plugs are 2 plugs??????? 1 into 2 wont work sonce its + and -

how can i make one?

thanx

All you should need is one wire from the spot on the amp that says REM to a wire on your reciever. Is this all thats left? if so just take speaker wire split it all the way so you have 2 wires put one aside (shouldnt need it) connect it to your reciever, should be a blue wire w/white stripe(general color maybe not exact) and to the REM on the amp and you should have thump.

Archived