MY OFFICIAL AUDIO THREAD

All you should need is one wire from the spot on the amp that says REM to a wire on your reciever. Is this all thats left? if so just take speaker wire split it all the way so you have 2 wires put one aside (shouldnt need it) connect it to your reciever, should be a blue wire w/white stripe(general color maybe not exact) and to the REM on the amp and you should have thump.

i had to cut and splice everything for the head unit (yaaaay) so that blue wire (REM) should be in the new wireing harness o:)

ok and when i get it all hooked up... what power supply should i hook up last...meanin, should i hook the power wire up, put the fuse in, THEN hook it to the battery... or in another order...u get me?

since i have the REM, once i hook up to the battery i wont blow a fuse cause it doesnt have power until i turn the key, correct? cause earlier i blew a fuse cause i didnt have the REM, but i have a spare :thumbsup:

REM= i hate that band! lol

i had to cut and splice everything for the head unit (yaaaay) so that blue wire (REM) should be in the new wireing harness o:)

ok and when i get it all hooked up... what power supply should i hook up last...meanin, should i hook the power wire up, put the fuse in, THEN hook it to the battery... or in another order...u get me?

since i have the REM, once i hook up to the battery i wont blow a fuse cause it doesnt have power until i turn the key, correct? cause earlier i blew a fuse cause i didnt have the REM, but i have a spare :thumbsup:

REM= i hate that band! lol

Yeah, ok so when hooking up power you should hook up the positive last( power to batt). I would connect everything then insert the fuse, but to be safe you can disconnect the neg batt cable and hook everthing up.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, ok so when hooking up power you should hook up the positive last( power to batt). I would connect everything then insert the fuse, but to be safe you can disconnect the neg batt cable and hook everthing up.

:thumbsup:

yeah thats how i blew the fuse was hooking up the neg. side last but i didnt have the REM in yet...ill hook the pos. up after the fuse and everything else is hooked like u said! thanx

ill be thumpin tomarow...hopefully.

i looked for the book with the wire diagram for my wireing harness for the HU (to see if the blue is for the REM) but cant find...but ill trust u on it!

i might need ur alls help tomarow...yes again..to figure out what all the switches should be set on.

ok its all hooked up...but no thump.

i had power to the amp but no sub. then i realized i was leaking antifreeze so i had to yank the battery, the battery plates, and a fan and secured the hose on...then i checked again and i didnt have ANY power to the amp...i dont get it

can anyone help...what to check first thanx again

play with the dials, on the amp, you may have something turned down all the way. check the wires coming from the sub to the amp, make sure those have good connections. when your playing a song, put your ear next to the sub to see if its completely dead or if theres just static coming

play with the dials, on the amp, you may have something turned down all the way. check the wires coming from the sub to the amp, make sure those have good connections. when your playing a song, put your ear next to the sub to see if its completely dead or if theres just static coming

the problem is that the amp has no power, meaning the LED light isnt on. try anyway???

im not going to steal ur bumper now.:- lol

If you got no power make sure everything has a good connection, power cable amp/battery end, good ground, rca cables, wiring to sub etc. if everything checks out there check your fuses.

If you got no power make sure everything has a good connection, power cable amp/battery end, good ground, rca cables, wiring to sub etc. if everything checks out there check your fuses.

the fuse is good. i know the power is good and the ground...the RCAs are confusing me...but even if they were wrong, id still have power???

wait is the amp turning on or not? if the amp isnt turning on, make sure you have a good ground, and its probably that REM cable isnt signalling for the amp to turn on

wait is the amp turning on or not? if the amp isnt turning on, make sure you have a good ground, and its probably that REM cable isnt signalling for the amp to turn on

no, the amp is not turning on (LED light is not on)

ill redo the wireing on the REM wire. hopefully thats it

for the ground, i used a self taping screw, a washer and attached it to the metal area next to the spare tire, after chipping away the paint around the area just tyo make sure it had good connection. so i think the ground is good.

no, the amp is not turning on (LED light is not on)

ill redo the wireing on the REM wire. hopefully thats it

for the ground, i used a self taping screw, a washer and attached it to the metal area next to the spare tire, after chipping away the paint around the area just tyo make sure it had good connection. so i think the ground is good.

Sounds like everything is good just get that REM wire right and everything should work

Sounds like everything is good just get that REM wire right and everything should work

nothing...this is so rediculous, its driving me crazy.

Not that im that confident with my wireing, but how offen do amps go bad? cause this amp is a good 5 or 6 years old.

It depends on how the amp was used and if it was ever just sitting how was it kept? I say make sure your REM is run to the right wire to the radio, if it is make sure your RCAs are in the right places. Its hard to give advice over the internet. Maybe some pics will help?

It depends on how the amp was used and if it was ever just sitting how was it kept? I say make sure your REM is run to the right wire to the radio, if it is make sure your RCAs are in the right places. Its hard to give advice over the internet. Maybe some pics will help?

my camera sux man...u saw the pics i posted b4. u cant even read what everything is for.

i ran the REM to the desinated wire on the wireing harness that literally says "AMP REM" on it. If the RCAs are hooked up wrong will that prevent the amp from getting power?

i might just take it to the local audio shop to get a fresh veiw on it to see if its just something simple im missing.

try a new ground. take it off and touch it to different places to see if the light turns on. also if you can get a steel brush, do that to make sure its on bare metal

since the amp isnt turning on, theres only 3 things it could be

power

ground

remote

so its not that big of a problem

havent redun the ground yet but...

i talked to one of my buddies over the weekend and he said he would bring over an old, cheap amp to hook it up to see if his amp gets power thus leting me know if my amp is bad...if so i found a 600 watt, 4 channel Bazooka amp at the local circuit city for $109. :p

Archived