Buying an RV

Humphries

Yep. My senior trip will be the best one anyone has ever had or will ever have.

My friends and I have decided we're going to buy either an RV or an old van and drive it down to florida and then across the country to CALIFORNIA!

I have found one and I'd like to know you all's opinions on it.

3000 dollars!

http://www.rvtrader.com/rvdetail847239.htm

i'll probably only use it for about 2-3 weeks but then i dont know where i'll keep it. I have planned on moving in with my brother this summer and finishing summer school at his apartment, but i dont know exactly when.. i know he wants me there and i dk if he'll have a problem with me driving around in a 1978 RV without knowing where I am or when I'll be back.

My mom will be moving to Utah when she sells the house so I'll have nowhere to come back to if i leave.

This makes me really apprehensive about my future. I made this thread thinking about how great it'd be driving around with friends but I am not really sure how i'll be able to survive without my brother or my mom.

hmm..

what if I'm stuck with a freakin RV and forced to live in it roaming around the country like a bum.

how will i pay for gas.. what if i get lost or break down?

probably a depressing thread but give me some insight on what i should do..

Just drive the cars you have and use the money to pay for gas, hotels, alcohol, strippers, etc.

Like you said, you don't have a way to pay for gas, possible repairs (it is a '78.. not a great year) RV parks, etc.

You're also forgetting the fact that none of you know how to drive an RV. It's not just a big car. It's a house with wheels.

A road trip with your buddies is a great idea, but the RV.. not so much.

In a straight line, sure, but what about parking, narrow roads, highways with narrow lanes, etc.

But that's not the point..

You are dumping $3,000 on this thing which apparently needs more funds.. then you need back up money, and you still need money for food. It just doesn't make sense.

I know. It sucks when you realize that although your vision is badass, it just isn't practical. Something tells me you will still have fun though.

Honestly, I would want to have all the cash I could spare if I went down to Florida and then to Cali.

At the very least you need to take a trip down to Miami/Key West and party for a few days. Make it your.. "Becoming a Man" trip.. (no more shelter/HS)

You have a specific reason for enlisting?

BTW.. try getting some creatine to help take off the weight. It's natural in meat, and gives you the same effect minus all the fat. It's basically a metabolizer/suppressant. It's like $27 for a big bottle (go to GNC) and you just mix it in some juice daily. It'll help and it's easy. Actually, if you can bring it with you to training, do it. It gives your muscles more energy and lowers recovery time.

Haha.. nice.

Nah, see I thought that too. But creatine can be used as a diet supplement or a workout supplement. You can take it with juice and speed up your metabolism, or when you workout it feeds water into your muscles and also increases energy and lowers recovery. I noticed a huge difference when I used creatine correctly. I was able to do more reps and simultaneously.

If you wanna lose weight just take hydroxycut. My friend lost 14 lbs in two weeks taking that and working out. Creatine does help with recovery and all, but as EBP EM1 says it stores water in your muscles so you won't really lose as efficiently. In fact, I've always heard of taking that when on a weight gaining regimen.

By the way, I think buying an RV would be awesome. I went on a trip in one and it was the best. Sure it's impractical, but you can have fun fixing it beforehand, drive it, and then either sell it or keep it and keep using it. I'd do it if you wanna. You only go around once.

thanks.. i was wondering if there was going to be a worst case scenario post.

i'm probably just going to save up like i'll buy it and just use that money for partying in PC and just find some girls in panama city FLA to stay with.

I used to take creatine all the time it does somewhat help. If you do take it you need to take something for joints and take lots of vitamins. According to my doctor to much creatine will break down your joints, for some people pretty fast. Plus you have to stay very very hydrated, this was my big mistake.

As far as the trip with the rv, it would be a waste of money. My friend went out and bought one for fairly cheap to go to Mexico. Once he finally went he never used it again and regrets ever buying it. He spent most of his money on gas after purchasing the rv, and had very little left when he got to Mexico.

wow a thread about a car...a van...turned into talking about vitamins...thanks for making me crack up :D

nice road trip idea but the car, you guys might be better off driving something reliable and high mpg...you wanna spend the money to have fun on the trip, not to spend it on a car that you are not gonna use later!

Just what I think...my friends and I are going to Palm Springs this weekend for spring break and we are taking my family's suv :)

ship your car out to cali, and walk there from GA forrest gump style. that way you lose the weight, save money, then you can drive the car to your brothers

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Archived