Best Engine

GReddy2319

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not here to argue the kid already got a good engine he can frankenstein it or just break it down port n polish titanium valves n valve springs get weico forged piston n rings new aftermarket camshafts n crankshaft wit a turbo n hes puttin out about 500-600 hp right there, remember when ur at that much horsepower vtec isnt that much of a difference.....ps turboneteics just came out wit a new turbo that runs on oil and coolant and is supposed to be tearin crap up...dont kno if they are makin them for hondas yet tho

im not here to argue the kid already got a good engine he can frankenstein it or just break it down port n polish titanium valves n valve springs get weico forged piston n rings new aftermarket camshafts n crankshaft wit a turbo n hes puttin out about 500-600 hp right there, remember when ur at that much horsepower vtec isnt that much of a difference.....ps turboneteics just came out wit a new turbo that runs on oil and coolant and is supposed to be tearin crap up...dont kno if they are makin them for hondas yet tho

WTF IS GOIN ON HERE.

A turbo'd CL-S with a tune and no other modifications isn't going to touch an h/c/i LS1 F-body, much less a Corvette.

Sorry. Thank you, come again.

Double posting FTL -- Here's the rundown.

H/C/I = Heads, Cam, Intake. Generally, when installed on an LS1 motor (even with a PITIFUL cam..still better than stock), you can propel any Camaro/Trans Am to low 12's and high 11's on drag radials. They're tanks as opposed to the Corvette, which is already a consistent 12 second car. You so much as cam the Corvette, maybe even go with heads and a reworked induction system..

You're beating down 11's easily. And that's without Longtube headers..a tune..catback..midpipe.. Yea. Lots of things.

ps civic cee do u kno how much a k20 would cost just to install into an accord cutting welding radiator exhaust comming from the rear and fabricating ur own motor mounts and shift linkage thats like 10k right there alone without any motor upgrades....remember honda makes these engines with the best interest in the car larger body means more torque u cant throw a b18c into a accord 4door and expect to race it

Uh, didn't see this.

And, um. No. It wouldn't cost that much. I can get motors ranging from 2000/4500 depending on mileage, condition and tranny -- then another 2 AT MOST for the mounts.

Sure, it's high. But, you still get the "ooo" factor, and a damn fine motor to boot.

they dont produce b18 mounts for an accord.

k24a4 would be good but too much work.

j32 is a good motor. tuned, turboed, ported and polished with honed block, suspension, Intake manifold and turboback exhaust will be the best 14,000 dollar engine you can buy for a prelude.

frizzy -- You're just spitting names and specs, you don't have much of a clue what you're talking about.

remember u can boost a non-vtec motor more than u can with vtec becouse it is harder to run 2 powerbands at the same time

Not true.. at all.

like if u had a gsr b18c u can only run 25psi but an ls-nonvtec u can run about 35 psi which creates more horsepower than the vtec

Also not true.

The J32 might have decent power, but the aftermarket would be a nightmare. I have no clue how you would fit that in a Prelude engine bay.

You might as well go with the C32, which again would be a long shot. (Yes, it's the NSX motor)

Civic -- What you said about F-bodies is correct (I see that you also own one), but I think you overshot the times a little. These motors do benefit greatly from breathing better (H/C/I as you mentioned), but knocking off a second and a half? It would be some damn good cam. I could see high 12's with H/C/I and low 12's with DR's/slicks, but not 11's without the bottle or other means. Maybe I'm just getting rusty and/or thinking of the LT1.

Civic -- What you said about F-bodies is correct (I see that you also own one), but I think you overshot the times a little. These motors do benefit greatly from breathing better (H/C/I as you mentioned), but knocking off a second and a half? It would be some damn good cam. I could see high 12's with H/C/I and low 12's with DR's/slicks, but not 11's without the bottle or other means. Maybe I'm just getting rusty and/or thinking of the LT1.

You're thinking of the LT1.

WS6 T/A's have been known to go as low as 12.9 stock, and make some freakish numbers in the process. Matter of fact a boy in Orlando dyno'd his recently, it only has 29,000 miles on it..

335rwhp. 306rwtq. That's STOCK. He ran a 12.88@115mph.

Camaro's..not so much..The SS has been known to go 13.0/13.4..T/A's are the nicer of the two, visually..and more factory freaks seem to be reported..at least from the T/A side of the F-Body things.. Obviously the Corvette will be faster as it's GM's flagship sports car. Anything that is LITERALLY capable of gaining over 30whp by modifying the exhaust system is EASILY going to blast off when it's top end is torn into.

Ah, yes WS6 for sure. I was thinking more along the lines of a '98 Z28, possibly and SS.

I think my guess was accurate for those. I am not too familiar with the WS6. I know a little about it, but not what it's capable of.

It's definitely stronger than your average Trans Am. It's amazing what a name can do for a car LOL.

The SS is a pretty quick car too..

Z28's are a smidge slower.

Ok just want to get a few things straight. I dunno if you were suggesting it but one of you said c32, which is the engine for the nsx, but thats rwd right? so out of the question. The J32 though is the engine for the acura tl right? and that would be fwd correct? so that would be possible. but would it beat the h22 after all the modifications,comparatively, on each one?

I have never seen the J32 built but isnt that the 3.0 or is it the 2.2 either way I would say they had more potential than the 2.0 h22. On the lines of the C32 you would have to do alot of custom work making the prelude rwd because you gotta cut out space for the driveshaft etc etc... but you have the unlimited funds that can do this so why the hell not xDD

The C32 is mounted latitudinally, over the rear axle.

Kick - Do you not understand the concept of Honda engines/codes? H22 = 2.2L? H23 = 2.3L? B16 = 1.6L? B18 = 1.8L?

Of course the J32 is the 3.2L V6.

And no, the H22 isn't 2.0L.

Ok just want to get a few things straight. I dunno if you were suggesting it but one of you said c32, which is the engine for the nsx, but thats rwd right? so out of the question. The J32 though is the engine for the acura tl right? and that would be fwd correct? so that would be possible. but would it beat the h22 after all the modifications,comparatively, on each one?

Uh, no. It's not. It's like GM taking their 5.3L truck engine and turning it so it goes into the new Impala's, making it FWD.

Use your brain.

Archived