Method of Payment???

CleanGSR

geez..... lol this simple exchange is getting a little excessive .

take someone else with you, get the money in your hand, before you even take the rims out of your car. then its almost impossible for him to take them.

do the exchange at a place where there are camera's and lots of people (Walmart)

end of story.

This is why I like doing business with people that are into vw's. I have had a bunch of people that were selling parts tell me "give me your address, I'll ship the part, then whenever you can, just send me the money"

Here's my story. I posted up some rims on a local recycler advertisement. I was contacted by a guy who said he loved the rims and wanted them badly. So bad, that he said he would throw in an extra $100 to hold them until the check arrived.

The guy said he was from Europe and he was coming to the states on a business trip. So I told him to send me the check. He tried to sound real professional but his grammar was sub par. The dude starts to get religious and shiat so I give him my address and phone number to send the check.

When I got the check it looked real but I knew something was up. So I googled the check info online and found out there was a recent surge of counterfit checks that matched mine. I e-mailed the guy and told him I was going to turn him in (which I wasn't) but I was trying to avoid a problem and hoped that would scare him off.

The next morning I wake up and I had like 20 missed calls. Sure enough it was the shady dude. He demanded money to be sent to an address in Africa or else he would hurt my family. That's when the shiat got serious. I have had a ruff life and I live in a bad part of town so I calmy explained to him the consequences of his threats and actions. He then apologized and asked me not to turn him in. Bottom line is to sell your stuff locally for cash and make sure to show up armed or bring a friend.

This one quite frankly has me worried, cause this dude offered me another $50 for my trouble if I would ship them. I also had them listed on a local classifieds page. I haven't given him my phone number or address yet, so might just call this off while I still can. I like my wheels and have no problem keeping them. Not crazy about getting rid of them anyway.

Um if anything make sure you have at least one more person with you, dont ride solo, cause if anything happens you at least have someone there to witness anything...its happened to me in the past, some kid try to take off with some GSR seats from my guy...but yea...just becareful bro...i just saw some shoguns on craigslist for like 400

Archived