92-95 civic dash removal

optional187

well...i just got bored and decided to go take apart my dash to see what i'm getting myself into with these gauges and such. took out the two screws up top and got stuck from there. nothing would budge, flathead screwdriver didn't help much.

what i was wondering is if either buddysol or darksaint could shoot a link over for a dash removal guide? or maybe if anybody has taken apart their dash and knows whats up then they could help me out. i just need to know where any clips are, and if there are anymore screws.

thanks

Yah, on bored days I take apart my console to try to get to the climate control. Haven't done that in a while tho. But anyways, I don't think I have a link for the whole dash at this moment...but I do have a useless Chilton's book for the Civic/del Sol, it should have something for your Civic in their. What a waste of money for us Sol owners...the whole book is directed at the Civic, while the del Sol has like one or two things for it. It didn't help much when I was trying to fix the audio in my car. Removing bumpers was another one...as well as the door. Useless!

Jesus christ. You look around for the screws and take them out. Thats all that holds it on.

BTW, you don't take your dash off to replace the gauges.

Super street everyone in the world doesnt just instantly know how to do things to a car yes the dash isnt a majior piece of work but WE (and ssr i dont include you in that)try to help people with problems and see if we can walk them through there questions we dont need two (two being ssr and JDM) pretending to run the show and bein a couple of car knowledge NAZI's. How bout you try and help people instead of fkn with them..... oh ya HEARD form a friend that your magical S2K is just that MAGICAL.

SnU

you have to take off your climate control.

take off any skrews you see

rip it out

you don't need to pull a dash to replace/install guages.

so how many dashes have you broken while ripping them out?

please...the same applies for you too jdm. do not reply to any of my threads. its a simple request. thank you.

You can't stop him from replying either.

Smokenyou, Unless your friend was me (and it's not) then you heard wrong.

Ok, simple enough, these threads are here for questions to be answered, if you can't answer a question without insulting someone's intelligence or the task they want to perform then skip the topic... its not hard to just answer a question.

Thanks,

Trepid

Jesus christ. You look around for the screws and take them out. Thats all that holds it on.

BTW, you don't take your dash off to replace the gauges.

Third post, told him how to do it, didn't insult his intelligence.

OK, found my guide from Chilton's. Kind of sucks cause it has a picture of gauge clusters for ever Civic/CRX except yours and mine...go figure. BUT, it has some instructions and says there are 3 screws to remove. From there it goes on to removing the instrument cluster...it doesn't even say what to do for a del Sol, what a useless book.

i fail to see the point..

a) you dont need to remove your dash to put in GAUGES

b) there are like 8 screws... its not rocket science, and its not an engine swap.

but in response to the original thread there are several screws on the bottom of the dash and a few on the side by each door, remove climate control and stearing wheel and then pull it off. i know its a scary prospect since there are still clips that hold it in, but if you break them you can buy more at the dealer, they arent that much they're just plastic, not like replacing a transmission or anything.

oh and i'd rather be a part of the "gaydm craze" then a ricer anyday. :p

• 2 weeks later...
Listen the man wants to remove the bezel to get to the gauge cluster he may want to install white face gauges.

Give him a break

exactly...as i've said a thousand times. and once i found the guide i was looking for, with no help from you butthead members (you know who you are...check the "craplist" in the sig). but from other good members like the "friendlist."

bezel is actually pretty easy to remove once you get the guide and know what to look for lindsay. if you need help dont hesitate to pm me...

welcome...and nice name. are ya blonde?

Hey moron, we helped you, you just decided to listen.

Let's see, me, JDMJackass, and S14Silvia all told you how to do it but you still didn't listen. Three people who are smarter than you, maybe you should listen every now and then. Thats all for this thread.

Let's see, me, JDMJackass, and S14Silvia all told you how to do it but you still didn't listen. Three people who are smarter than you, maybe you should listen every now and then. Thats all for this thread.

they just said take out the two screws and "rip it out". makes sense. helped a lot!

the guide that i found told me exactly what i needed to know however. where the freakin clips were! and i found the guide with no help from the members you mentioned. oh, and who gives a fawk anymore? problem solved...thread ended.

Superstreetrx7 why are you such an ass? A forum is where people come to ask questions and talk right... YEAH. So when someone asks a question don't be a weiner. I'm so sure that you just know everything, right? When you do stuff on your car, you don't have to ask anyone anything, right. Doubt it! If you don't have any usefull advice or anwsers to the post, then don't post.

Archived