I ordered my b16a Head! YAY

Verbal Killa

Okay i finally ordered my complete b16a head 2nd Gen without the valve cover wich im bout too buy a Mugen valve Cover for it. Head should be getting here on March 1st hopefully what ups says.

Im wondering. Im making an Ls Vtec b18b1/b16a head. And i wanna Boost it turbo. Is there anything i should do too the head or buy for the head before i take it too the shop to get it installed? (And im already bout too buy the golden eagle lsvtec kit)

Should i maybe buy a Skunk2 intake manifold or anything before its installed? or it wouldnt matter much if its already intalled or not? thanx!

8)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go with an AEBS Intake Manny if I were using a b16 head. As far as building the head for boost, I'd go with SuperTech valvetrain and potentially a set of blower cams from skunk2/crower. Dunno if RM makes a good turbo cam.

Obviously a port/polish wouldn't hurt either.

It can be done before or after..it'd be nicer though, to do it while it's off and not have to worry about not having a ride.

And, you might wanna' do some online pricing as well as local pricing for headwork.. Different places charge different prices.

if your gonna turbo it , leave it the way it is , no porting , stock intake manny and stock valvetrain. you need not rev higher than 8000 rpm. leave the B18B1 pistons in the bottom end. and drive 8 lbs of boost to it. you also need ARP rod bolts for your piston rods. eagle conversion kit will come with what you need to mount the head on the block. than your in business. that head on that block with PR4(B18A/B) pistons is a little under 10:1.

If you're gonna run turbo on your stock pistons, start off with 6 PSI.....turbo applications dont need such a high compression as 10:1.......high compression engines, i would recommend to run natural or with NOS....

you can check out my car.....as see what i have done to it....for a good price, i will sell it too.:thumbsup:

with the setup you are doing, you should be able to go pass the 8000 RPM easiliy, Vtech kick in at 6000 RPM so that leaves you 2000 RPM to shift......and if turbo, it depends on how you program the turbo. You can program it that you hit boost with Vtech, so then you'll drive in vaccuum most of the times, unless u have a little competition. :devil:

www.dreamspeed2.com - sam

^^I dont understand very much when people type like that. i got no idea what u talkin bout. But everyone keeps telling me different things. its confusing.

Can someone Put on this thread or so like.

Head: (Everything that goes with the head here)

And

Block: (Everything that goes with the block, pistons etc)

Make things much easier 4 me..

Head:

Rocket Motorsports M21X Camshafts

Supertech Valve Springs/Retainers

Golden Eagle Cam Gears

Edlebrock Victor-X Intake Manifold

RC 750 CC Injecters

B&M Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulater w/ Gauge

ARP Head Studs

Block:

CP 8.5:1 compression ratio pistons

Rocket Motorsports Rods

ARP Rod Bolts

ACL Main Bearings

Blueprinted and balanced Crank

is that what you wanted?

leave thew dam pistons and intake manny on it and boost it with a tune. dont make things complicated people. not once did he mention any power range hes looking for , he obviously is not a hard core racer , car enthusiast , so why you guys telling him , SSR , to spend a whack of money on all that crap he dont need to make some extra power? always same crap with you , someone wants 100 extra horse , you tell them to spend thousands , and talk about cams that make power at 10,500 rpm? , like gimma a break , get your head together. if your not gonna be helpful why post.

lets ask buddy , what kind of power you looking for dude? whats your budget? you got thousands of dollars to spend? or modest budget to get some extra horse and have a little fun? , learn a little maybe?

i also say stay with all stock internals. since he isnt goin to be makin this a full out drag machine no point in wasting his money. if anything buy a thicker head gasket to lower your comp a little bit for the turbo. want to but that on at the machine shop before they put the head on. 8psi is perfect for the setup he is doin, as for a fuel management which you might want to take care of first you would probably want either...

1. 450cc injectors and a chipped ecu which dosent run much if you buy the chip with a basemap its like 20-30$, and then you could have a shop put it in for cheap.

2 or you could go with a FMU(fuel management unit) they are about $80 on ebay and it allowsd you to use stock injectors and is good for less than 10psi. the fmu increases the fuelpressure as the boost is upped.

then you would have to get a MISSING LINK it plugs into your map sensor so that it dosent read really high intake pressure.

I would probably say go with option number 2. and stock internals.

Chip, FMU? You want him to blow his engine?

Sure, use a stock bottom end. Call me when you need a build because your rod goes through the block, piston contacts that head, or your ringlands break.

The engine I talked about had serious RM headwork. Use M21's in a stock head and you'll peak a lot lower. If you want crazy power, then use M22X's, they don't drop off power until after 11k in a boosted app.

Okay well thanx for the advise. and well, my budget i Cant really say but dont go over priced like 1 item for like 1 thousand. I work for 7 dollars an hour (barely got my raise today too 7.00) i was working for 6.25. i JUST turned 17. i dont make alot of money but i do have money. just not enough too buy ONE thing for like 1 tousand an over. unless its like an engine or something. not a 1,000 dollar bearing or somethin stupid like that.

im looking for about 250hp-320hp or so. i wanna be able too beat evo's. Cuz in my opinion an ridin one it was very fast.

Thanx

Archived