b16a1 7500 red line???

gsxtc

my rev limiter was 9000, but the redline was around 8100-8200 cant really remember, it was off my stock tach anyway :laugh: yeah the newer b16's have lower red lines and lower rev limiters, the b16a1's? i think, the 91 sir's have a 8200 redline and a 9000 rev limiter. however since you're at 7500 i'd say you have a sohc ecu still, which will work but only gives you 3000 rpm's of vtec.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ave a Crx with a b16a j-spec and it redlines at 8200, or higher cant really tell cause it goes off the tach but if it redlining at 7200-7500 its a ecu from a single cam vtec. you need an obd1 ecu which will make your redline 8200 but u have to be careful if u take it to high u can blow your valvetrain cause the stock valvetrain can only hold up to about 9000 rpm. The b16a j-spec makes peak power at 7500 anyways but i always take it to 8200 lol i only take it to 8200 when i have a good race.:ninja:

Archived