BBK is alright.. I wouldn't invest a ton of money into it, and no..you're not gonna' see their advertised gains. They normally stick to most domestic vehicles (Mustang's..yadda yadda).. Make better power on V8 cars, obviously.

in my experience sport compacts usually refer to the cavaliers and neons and blablabla. if its for a honda or something they usually say 'imports'. id stick to the companies that perform best on imports

usually companies for domestics arnt used for imports and visa versa. youll never see a stang with a tanabe exhaust

I have seen one.

And dear GOD did it sound like crap.

yeah usually they get borla, flowmaster, or magnaflow.

got my dad some magnaflow mufflers for his 57 chevy bel-air, sounds sooo tight. but on an import, it would sound like poo

how is that possible if tanabe doesnt make them? was it just the tanabe muffler with custom piping?

it was the muffler with custom piping. it LOOKED good..it's just it sounded like crap. came out under the bumper and angled up..

well....if i were to boost i'd use an Edlebrock intake manifold.

Edlebrock is usually muscle.

pwned.

Victor X i/m FTW.

It does like the a'pexi n1 on the eg hatchbacks. Comes out and up at an angle.

I guess I'd have to snap a pic of it so people could see.

Never heard of BBK. I had a magnaflow muffler on my Probe and it sounded damn good. I have heard a few other people with them on their hondas and they generally sound pretty good.

There are a lot more companies crossing over that were traditionally domestic only. The domestic muscle car (newer) is pretty much gone and those companies need to make some money somehow.

magnaflow sounds good on my car. its their basic glasspacked universal oval muffler. i love it because it doesn't rattle or resonate inside the car but still sounds good when you floor it. i rode in my friends honda and he just has an open header and its cool for racing and showing off but do live with i hate it.

shotty driver but thats about what mine sounds like

BBK makes good parts. Have been using their throttle bodies and headers for years on my cars and truck and never had a problem with failure or fitment. The whole "they do more for domestic cars than imports so stay away" is an idiotic arguement. If the company makes the parts and have a reputation for good quality then it shouldn't matter what their principle market is made up of...

Archived