The Final Decision

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the guy is a technician at Honda when he is not in school, so he is at work until 5:00pm. As Dan said, he thinks it is the distributer. He said it looked like it was dropped, since the cap was broken, he replaced the cap, but still nothing to the coil, so he thinks it is the distributer. He is putting his distributer on tonight off his personal car to see. Hopefully that is what it is, sure it will cost money, but it's damn worth it that it is running and not something with the head, such as compression leak.

I never dropped it....but is was shipped in a weak box wrapped in only 1 layer of bubble wrap...that'll do it.

I know you didn't, I'm guessing, as is Mike, that the sender dropped it or the shipping company. No way to find out though. =/

Sooo, Mike took Rob's distributer off and bolted it up to my car and apparently it started fine....I wasn't there when this happened b/c i just got off work.....but it won't hold idle now.

Soooooooooooo, trying to figure out WTF is going on with that.

Anywho, a kid in town said he had an obd-1 vtec distributer he'd let go for cheap, so i'm picking that up tomorrow if I can get a hold of him....

Other than that, nothing else has changed.

Yeah, the OBDII distriubter he bought doesn't have the crank positioning sensor, or some crap like that, so it wasn't getting enough spark. So once he put my distributer on, it started on the first try, no hesitation, but it shut off. His co-worker/friend is going to take a look at it hopefully and try and figure out the idle problem. The guy looking at it is the one who did my swap, he is crazy good, best person to work on a Honda that I've ever met.

every dizzy has a CPS. all the dizzys have the exact same sensors in them , be it OBD1 or OBD2A/B. the sensor he was referring to , was most likely CKF , crank fluctuation sensor , located in OBD2A/B setups , built into the oil pump. should have nothing to do with his problem. you can run any DOHC VTEC dizzy with the wires in the right place , period. what exactly has been done compu?

Well, it's something, because my distributer worked 100% on his car, first time start up. The distriubter Dan provided never got it to turn over, so I have no idea. It obviously wasn't the wiring, because he rewired it for an OBDI plug to try mine.

Archived