Turbo VW Bug

im suprised they let him run that car without a wheelie bar. under certain times the rules change. if he had a wheelie protection hed blow that other car away. hes half on it , half the dam track prolly.

oh yeah, they get those wheels up there. some of those beetles can get kinda scary when they are lifting the wheels going into 3rd....

lol if you think the convertible is bad, there is a guy around me thats running 10's on a fiberglass dune buggy..... no roll cage.

what for carbs? 48 idf's couldn't even do that. stock tranny, internals, valve train, and heads, and exhaust, no you didn't.

edit: stock 1600 in '73 ran a 21.4 second quarter mile..... says a few of the old beetle books in my room.

so you shaved 6+ seconds off with dual carbs alone? LOL

you can think what you want. I know you didn't.

no i dont have a time slip.. i dont know what was done to it, i just drove it for a few months while we built it..

i was 15 when we got it and knew nothing about the car, just fixed it.

dont know what your VW lingo means.

but its true tho... how many ppl have said they built, or they were gonna build, but it never goes beyond the "design" stage.

so far the only build that i've actually seen evidence of is Dan with his teg.

thats it.....

I can promise you my crx will start being put together soon...

Just as soon as the kid puts the knuckles out of the integra inth the crx so I can get it towed here...

Ive got the ECU and the Motor...

ok lol dan's isn't the only one. there have been a few more.

I'm on my second restoration, and 3rd engine build..... come on guys catch up!

EDIT: forgot all about the rail too!

1 from the ground up build, 2nd restoration, and 3rd engine build.

Archived