VTEC problem

mikekrier07

my friend 97 hatch with a b18c1 swap... they had to put new rings in it cuz it was using alot of oil.. but now its all running and every thing but the vtec wount kick in now... all the connections are right and stuff but still no vtec... wat could be the problem?

check the speed sensor. mine went out on me and my ecu thought that the transmission was in nuetral the entire time while i was driving so it never engaged the vtec, i also got real crapty gas mileage too.

if it worked before it was taken apart , than its prolly an electrical connection. get a couple plugs on wrong spots or somin. you must have an engine light?

• 4 weeks later...

well we took the vtec solenoid off there was metal shaving in it i guess when he had the head ported and polished and rebuilt that they didnt blow it out corectley and we took it to my dad's shop to get it checked out and he said it was inside the head so we are taking the head back to the machine shop

Archived