H22

Ok! I have pretty much made up my mind between the b18c and the h22a.

H22A has like 40+ hp and tourqe over the b18c is why Ive made this decision.

Am I wrong in thinking this will be faster stock?

And maybe whats a few internal upgrades that MATTER for boost in the future, so I can get them done before the install.... I was thinking some headbolts and maybe a good gasket set? What do you guys think?

50 lbs aint much on that x-tra HP... Ive heard you cant run an ac or power steering cause they wont fit. Thats alright windows down=pimp mode!

Ok why a d-transmission? I have the tranny in the car already but why would it be better than the h22? Wouldnt it be kinda weak for that motor?

Sleeves... sounds good! How much that run? I think i heard yall say another g in another post... thats kinda steep... but the re-sleave=bigger sleeves ect ect right?

D tranny's are great. Very seldom do they have to be "built" to handle power. Honda tranny's are badass, most people that build them do it to change final drive ratio's and all. Or change gears around..DEFINITELY not because they're weak.

Cool maybe that will save me some dough for the resleaving :)

Big jump for that tranny 1.6 to 2.2. But if yall say so!

Really, it isn't. H-motors might seem strong, but they really aren't.

There are two h-series EG hatchbacks in town only running high 13's on dr's..

And they've been tuned with crome pro on using p28's. i/h/e/clutch on the both of them.

So will i have to spend less to make the b18 go faster than what I would spend on the H22?

Money matters

Yes, money does.

But, ideally, it's in what you wanna' do. A properly installed/driven/tuned h22 car is probably gonna b e faster than the same b-series vtec car. Except maybe the ITR. It has great gearing.

Running a D trans will cost you more than an H. H trans are weak and gearing selection is less than small.

Resleeve is $1,075, bore is $180. Pistons $495, rods $375. PLus bearings, HG, timing belt/wp, head studs, etc.

• 1 year later...

Archived