super/turbo charger

Yea, there's a turbo'd supra i see during the summer up here... nobody dares to drive rwd when there is any snow on the ground. 75 up here the past few days though, very nice for fast driving, and unfortunately, po's.:ninja:

~btw, which way would you go for a swap into my '89 civ lx? if i go through w/ it, i'm thinking b18b or b16a w/ turbo, but open to any options that don't fall in the price range of a custom-made aluminum frame for a 3kgt. :D

Yea, I'm up in Co sprgs... haven't spent much time in Utah, but may have to look into it now. There's a customs shop up here I may get all my work done, as they are close and definitely know what they are doing. If all else fails, I'll just go to Denver instead though, good shops up there for sure. What size turbo do you think you would go w/ on upgraded internals? Looking to beat my friends' tsi, for an example of where I want to start at. Where you at in UT?

i personally like the hks turbo's, but they are pricey. a bit cheaper would be a t3/t4 or just a t4 either way with upgraded internals you will beat fairly modified tsi's easily. i'm in SLC.

i personally like the hks turbo's, but they are pricey. a bit cheaper would be a t3/t4 or just a t4 either way with upgraded internals you will beat fairly modified tsi's easily.  i'm in SLC.

Good to hear... he's been checking out Buschur racing and such (buschurracing.com) and is looking at putting some good money into his car. His awd is the only thing, that and a super16g turbo, so he'd more than likely take me off the line. I am looking for something I could run relatively high boost on for a daily driver. How far would I have to go w/ money and mods to do this do you think?

~in SLC? Not the most liberal city in the world, is it? Mormon city, so I hear. Not saying it's a bad thing necessarily, but I'll bet you get some mean looks when you go cruisin' @ 20 over. :laugh:

BTW, I'll probably only have about 6-7 g's including cost of the b16a to put into the car, this summer at least.

yeah my brother and his friends all drive dsm's. awd is the only thing they have goin for them, off they line they are badass but top end they suck. ive seen civics take awd dsm's out of the hole, so it can be done, you just need suspension work and a good set of tires. yeah slc kinda sucks, not as bad as provo though, thats mormon central. :mad: i would find a b16a, get some lower compression pistons, h-beamed rods, a little head work, maybe some cams (not necessary but would be nice), a good clutch/flywheel and lsd set up. after that i'd go with a ballbearing t4 turbo, it'll get you the best top end and still spool relatively fast. hondata or some sort of engine managment would be useful, and then tuning. in order to take your friends awd dsm you'll want some supsension parts, i forget what they are though :blush: all you really want to do against a dsm is launch semi close to him, then you're top end will take over.

that's encouraging as all hell, but i doubt i'd be able to stick under 7 g's w/ the ball-bearing t4, considering i'm a relative novice at actually installing stuff. The easy crap, i.e. headers, air intake, exhaust, stuff like that is no prob., but I wouldn't trust myself to take my engine apart. Thus, too damn much labor charge! w00t Maybe I'll just buddy up w/ the shop owner I was going to go through up here... 8)

that's encouraging as all hell, but i doubt i'd be able to stick under 7 g's w/ the ball-bearing t4, considering i'm a relative novice at actually installing stuff. The easy crap, i.e. headers, air intake, exhaust, stuff like that is no prob., but I wouldn't trust myself to take my engine apart. Thus, too damn much labor charge! w00t Maybe I'll just buddy up w/ the shop owner I was going to go through up here... 8)

haha...same here. i don't really mind all that easy stuff...but putting on a turbo? thats why i know a few mechanics who say they can hook me up with that stuff :laugh:

Archived