Strut bars.......any real difference?

I want to stiffing up the hatch for better handling purposes....I make decent amount of money and at the same time I do attend college, as well as my wife.....with that said..I am a person that want s make his dollar go as far as possible......more bang for the buck, if you will. Well i noticed that ebay has affordable multi strut packages for under $100.....but is there any realll advantage in sinking $150-$175 in to a dc sports strut or is that 25% purpose and 75% show. What is the better buy when looking to stiffing up the frame with out doing a rollcage?

****and if you posted links to inexpensive struts that too would be great!

11 looks and no response....someone just give me an opinion, if you do not know facts.

I would think all I need is something STIFF....meaning brand name will play no part. We are not talking about moving parts here just a simple strut that stiffens the frame...So basic that if I had the materials and a torch i could build my own.

Okay, I don't know facts, (why I didn't respond) but I'll tell you from what I've heard. Mostly what I've heard is that the strut bars and trunk braces, c pillars and all that crap doesn't really do much of anything regardless of the company. So, if that's true, then you might as well go with the ebay stuff. If it does in fact make a difference, the only thing that should matter between (i.e. DC SPorts) bar and a no-name would be what it's made out of, whether it's hollow tubing or solid, and the size of the bars. Overall, I'd say on strut bars alone the cheapo's would be as good as the big name stuff. Front strut bar's slightly different since PWJDM makes a 3 point which seems to be better than the standard 2 point strut bars.

Well I'm not defending anybody here, but the sticky at the top of the Honda Image and Video Forum states....

"Do post images and/or videos of your car or other car pictures/vids you would like to share."

???? what does this mean?

also i dont know If I have even seen the 3 point front struts...Thanks for the repley.....I am needing repleys ,even if they are only opinoated, from people who have struts bracing.

It means, that somehow I posted that in the wrong thread. My mistake.

I personally would get the cheap ebay ones and try them out. If you're not happy with them, you could probably always sell them and get most of what you paid back. I just wish they weren't all in blingy color's. I'd want a set in black, silver (not chrome or polished), or bronze.

The ASR subframe brace does do something. The ITR has a much beefier subframe than other integras or del sol's. So, when adding a beefier ITR sway bar, the ASR subframe brace prevents the sway bar from tearing out of the subframe under extreme cornering. There are cheaper ways to prevent the subframe tearout, but the ASR piece is the best way.

A-Spec Racing. Im not saying that didnt do anything, that thing is awesome, I love it.

Im saying the strut tower bars dont do anything. A 3 point front upper might do a little bit, but thats all, they dont do crapt.

The ITR was built so it could be used in racing series. Everything on it has a purpose. The showy big wing keeps the back end from going squirrly in high speed braking on track. They didn't just put a strut bar on it for the hell of it. It was designed in with the rest of the ITR chassis.

Only thing that will help wheel hop are traction bars.

Not to start a fight, but you're a hypocrite. If this had been a thread about someone talking about how they just put rear upper and lower strut bars on there car, you would have chimed in and said that they don't do crap....you even told Billy to take those off his list because they don't do anything. Then, you come in here and say the exact opposite. Smooth.

A-Spec Racing. Im not saying that didnt do anything, that thing is awesome, I love it.

Im saying the strut tower bars dont do anything. A 3 point front upper might do a little bit, but thats all, they dont do crapt.

• 2 weeks later...
Personally lower struts do more than any of the others. My motto if you can see the braces there for show and no go. If you can't then they work.

so this threads confusing you saying strut bars dont do anything at least for a daily driver but a sway bar will?

Sway bars do a completely different thing than strut bars. Nowhere near the same product or even the same type of product really.

yea i know but it was leaning as to strut bars make no improvement on your car, and a sway bar will ve noticable. Im looking into getting a sway bar and am trying to figure out if its worth the 150$

Archived