I'm playing GT4 on PS2. Speaking of which, I need a car fast enough to beat the Gran Tursimo championship (the last one under professional events). Does anybody know which race I can do (besides the rediculously long, 2 hours, 200 laps, 200 miles...etc...events) to win a car fast enough for that series?

• 3 weeks later...
it's one of the Nurmburgring endurances.

the one nurmburgring ull get the polyphony gt40 at the begining of the game and the other will get u a formula car.

so yeah, hung, i suggest to win the formula car u get the freakin fastest car u have (supercar with like 850-900 horses) and put it on the nurmburgring and set it on b-spec and check ur position everyonce in a while,put ur speed at the 4 and let'her run all night...u will get a formula car...and do a search on google for cheats and it will show u all the cars u win for each race

the one nurmburgring ull get the polyphony gt40 at the begining of the game and the other will get u a formula car.

so yeah, hung, i suggest to win the formula car u get the freakin fastest car u have (supercar with like 850-900 horses) and put it on the nurmburgring and set it on b-spec and check ur position everyonce in a while,put ur speed at the 4 and let'her run all night...u will get a formula car...and do a search on google for cheats and it will show u all the cars u win for each race

Holy crap. That's an awesome idea. I never thought of doing the B-spec and then just leaving it. I have the GT40 race car but it's not my fastest. My fastest is the Mercedes Clk Race Car (1000+hp). I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight. Thanks for the help.

Holy crap. That's an awesome idea. I never thought of doing the B-spec and then just leaving it. I have the GT40 race car but it's not my fastest. My fastest is the Mercedes Clk Race Car (1000+hp). I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight. Thanks for the help.

yeah yeah i know thats all i use now is the b-spec...but u have to monitor ur race cause if u put ur speed on 4, sometimes that means u wont pit for longer than if ur speed was on 3... and especially on nurmburgring if u need to pit and push ur tires another lap it could cost u the race since its a good 7 1/2 to 8 minute race. (depending on the car lol) so i suggest get a good lead and leave ur speed at 3 and monitor

ohh and i dont know wat mercedes u have but for the nurburgring its better to sacrifice power for handling cause theres not many straight aways... but u still need a lot of horse power still ...if any more questions come ill be glad to answer :thumbsup:

ohh and to everyone playing gt4 did u guys get to the point were u get the all black, stealth cars if not its crusule that u start saving money now cause u can only get them for seven days and thats only enuff time to buy them since u lose a day when u buy a car...there are seven cars (i think) and all together they cost almost 8 million so...better have the money.if u dont know wat im talking about ill give some more info too...:thumbsup:

I have the Mercedes CLK Race Car. Best handling car I've got hands down. I can almost keep up with the full blown race cars with this car, so it handles great.

On Spec B, will it automatically pit when you need it to, or do you still have to tell it when to pit? I've never done a longer race on Spec B, so not sure on that one.

I have the Mercedes CLK Race Car. Best handling car I've got hands down. I can almost keep up with the full blown race cars with this car, so it handles great.

On Spec B, will it automatically pit when you need it to, or do you still have to tell it when to pit? I've never done a longer race on Spec B, so not sure on that one.

yeah it will pit automatically but it doesnt pit as often as U would when on a-spec so if i were u i would get a really good lead like 25 or 35 seconds and put the speed on 3 which will make the computer pit more than if u have the speed on 4. 4 and 5 speed will push the tires to the limit which can lose the race in this case. but i suggest doing this race mid-day so u can moniter the race. and whenever u check it u can hit L1 or R1 (i forget) and right on the d-pad 3 times to speed up the race by 3 times.(i figured u know that)

do u have all the black cars like i was talkin about earlier...??? u can only get them in the used car lots all the way at the bottom of the list

I used to put it on B-Spec than change it out of the video game channel, go to like sports or some other show and on the commercials or whenever I felt like going to check on the race I would...

Better than just staring at the boring B-Spec screen..

I used to do homework while it ran too...

I used to put it on B-Spec than change it out of the video game channel, go to like sports or some other show and on the commercials or whenever I felt like going to check on the race I would...

Better than just staring at the boring B-Spec screen..

I used to do homework while it ran too...

yeah thats wat i do..goes by faster that way.

B-spec is great for the endurance races. Just come home the next day and you have a new car. Someone set a time on a certain track with a certain type of car. We can all try to beat it. Im not home now or I would.

I didn't realize it would pit by itself and have been going back and pitting every 15-20 minutes. I guess I'll just leave it and let it pit on it's own. Oh, and I am 3 laps ahead and on Lap 20 and I've only got it set on speed 2.....this car is crazy fast.

I didn't realize it would pit by itself and have been going back and pitting every 15-20 minutes. I guess I'll just leave it and let it pit on it's own. Oh, and I am 3 laps ahead and on Lap 20 and I've only got it set on speed 2.....this car is crazy fast.

awesome...Thats crazy fast, 3 laps already. Yeah leave it on cruise and let it sit...and plus u can speed the race up by 3x in b-spec so ull have the race done by a lil after tomarow afternoon...

did u already do the other nurmburgring endurance race were u win the polyphony gt40 that comes with the end video of the guy takin his nismo 350z around the nurmburgring?. I love to spot out all the grafiti on the track. i spotted out that someone painted a big KIA logo on the track...haha

post when u win hung!!!

Alright I've beaten about half the endurance races now including the 24 hr Nurburgring race to get the F1 car. Thanks for all the tips about the Spec B and stuff. I still don't see the black cars that you're talking about, but I might just not have enough money yet. I've only got about 3 million or so.

Hint: Secret Black Cars

The vehicle line-up in the used car showrooms is constantly changing. On the last week of the changing cycle--starting day 694-and ending day 700-four secret black race cars appear in the showrooms. Two of the cars are in the Used Car Showroom I and the other two are in Showroom II, and they only appear for one week (Gran Turismo time). All four cars can be purchased for about Cr.9,000,000 total, which is an absolute bargain for these sort of race cars.

and some other advice... when buying these cars go threw all the used car lots cause there are some other cars they dont mention is available that are like 37-40 thousand which u should still buy...

On days 694-700 in the 3 used car lots you can buy special black versions of:

1.Toyota GT One Race Car

2.Mazda 787B

3.Nissan R390 Race Car

4.Nissan R92CP Race Car

5.Honda S2000

6.Clio Sport V6 24V Race Car

To Buy them all it comes to roughly 9,000,000 credits

all around 1000 or + hp except the s2k and clio.:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

i did the 15 series championship formula 1 races yesterday...i was freeky scared the entire time...

i used my formula 1 car against the computers formula 1 cars and since u cant build the formula cars AT ALL, we were all equaly matched and it was also a points race. The championship came down to the last race...i was down by 4 points and at the end of the championship i won by 1 point.(93-94)..1 hard to earn point. whoa. took eleven hours even with it on b-spec. i dont know wat i would do without b-spec :heart: i could have came in first every race if i personally raced but i wasnt up for 24 hours of racein so b-spec saved me once again

i was so exhausted from worrying if the last eleven hours of racing (or just watching the race/tv) would be a waste, so after i received my 3 million dollars and my 100k for each seperate race i won, i went on a spending spree...i bought some ITR's, a new STI, another supra, some models from the tuner village, the nismo fairlady z...i fixed all of them up to the max,tuned em, and went to do my daily race at my favorite track, Corte' de zur, and then beat the ghost for a couple laps.lol...and still have 5.5 mil.lol

ahhhh...good times

next obstacle...the last endurance race i have...24 hour at el capitan...i think, B-SPEC is my hero

i used to be a ps2 fan , im on the xbox 360 now , rocks man i love it. i beat gears of war the other day , awsome game but short kind of. new game out for the 360 , its called import tuner challenge. and as soon as i get it , im gonna be ALLL about that. haha.

Archived