DSM talk...

Kicksome123

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can have new different size bearings put in.

You'd still have walk with that. The problem is mostly in the thrust bearing. There are a lot of theories on what crankwalk happens but its known be a manufacturing defect with the thrust bearing.

Jeeezz, Just makes me wanna laugh at my friend that has an eclipse, he dont know anything about cars and street races >.< There arent many DSM's around where I live that really wanna go faster than stock but I know of one and their ride just looked like crap if you ask me, 1g talon very very light blue with chrome 8 spoke rims. Diddnt get to look under the hood yet. The only thing I do appreciate is the car can be very fast with a little amount of money. Thanks for all the info

Considering that they're 200+ HP/TQ stock, of course it takes very little money to make them faster. That being said, it takes more money to keep them running.

I read a site somewhere, from guys who build 4G63T engines. When comparing 1G to 2G, something about oil journal holes being smaller in the 2G. So, when they rebuild a 2G motor, they increase the size of these holes. It's not much difference, and for the life of me I can't see how it makes a difference, but in their experience it seems to. If I have to rebuild my motor, I just might ship it out to these guys.

Well my ECU died today (capacitors leaked and destroyed the ECU I'm thinking). I blame it on HF. Thanks for jinxing my car. lollerskates

Yeah EBP you can put it in a vice or hit it with a hammer smack on the top. That makes the spring compress more so it blows off at a higher PSI.

and the first gen motor is the most powerful, at least, thats what i hear.

the 1g is faster because it's a lighter car the 2g actually makes more power.

the 1g and 2g GS-t GS-x and TSi (fwd and awd) make the same power

....-Each model came with either a 420A motor or a 4G63t (t stands for turbo)....

the 4g63 came non-turbo, and turbo from 89-94

the 4g63 came in the GS-t, and GSX from 95-99

and the 420a only came in the GS, and RS from 95-99

and also to just clear up any misinformation the 1g is 90-94, 2g is 95-99, 3g is 00-05, and the 4g is 06+.

the talon was discontinued in 98 and the laser was discontinued in 94.

Oh and one can easily hit 12's with a 700 dollar budget.

I almost said sub-$1000, but for some reason that seemed really low to me. A few of my buddies from up at school had 1G's; one ran 13.1's all day slightly modified, the other ran low 12's high 11's. I thought they said less then $1,000 to go 12's, but I just thought it seemed too litte and I misheard them.

i will post the link tomorrow when i am on my computer but one cool thing about the spyder 2g is you can convert it to awd by taken the drive train form the gsx and gas tank was thinking about doing it seeing i am taking a break form school and will have extra cash. btu i also find an other del sol i need to take a look at in the next few days so idk yet

what about 3000gt vr-4?

No, though that and the Dodge Stealth are pretty much the same neither of them are DSM's

Dynasty Star Motors

and eclipses and talons are crapty they usually pop at around 100,000 miles... a friend of mine went through 3 and they all poped at almost 100k, then he finally came to his senses and drives a ITR now...

Good for your friend. But I dont understand why people don't just keep rebuilding their engines when they pop. Like, it pops because its sucks, now go buy a Honda. Lol.

Dynasty Star Motors?? Idk where you got that from. But first of all, his question was already answered, correctly. And second, its Diamond Star Motors.

I've had a DSM before, it was a 91 mitsubishi eclipse AWD gsx (4g63T) and it wasn't reliable at all. Too much to keep up with (maintance wise) and The tranny fracked up on it too much, had to replace it twice and just crap went wrong with it all the time. Even though i loved the take offs and the loud ass turbo spool it just wasn't reliable enough so i sold it. When i sold it though my buddy dropped tons of money into it to fix it all back to stock and run perfect, ended up putting e/i/h, bigger injectors and fuel pump. At that time when i sold him the car i bought a 4door eg and had a motor swap (d16z6) and put on h/i/e, cam gear, msd everything and we ended up racing and i actually beat him by a fender. So i'd say stick w/hondas and never go to dsm!

Mine too! I don't know why but I really like them.

I'm all about boxy four doors being quick as crap. I wanted an EF sedan, white, slammed, GS-R turbo. I also wanted a Infiniti G20, slammed, SR20DET swap. And then the Galant VR-4, you know.

some of my best friends own DSMs. its funny, if you look at forums, or know a lot of people that own them you will find that people that own them drink and/or abuse drugs more than people that own just about any other car. they even admit it. lol. the first gens never run. they are the least reliable car ever made imo. I have two friends that each have two 1g's, and three other friends that have one 1g, then probably 6 or 7 friends that have 2g's. almost all of the 2g's run, and only one person has one 1g that actually runs. one of my friends with two 1g's is pushing around 400whp, he has put a lot of money into his though. he just switched to a stand alone engine management system, and the only thing keeping him from driving the car is the wire harness. his dd is an STi though :o

Archived