How can I improve low end power?

Col

It's all ups and downs for me :(

:D I changed the distributor cap and rotor - made no difference to the running. I put some MSD cables on it - and it felt like a different car. Either the new cables are great or the old one were very bad. Either way, I felt happier about the car.

:help: I decided against a CA or SR intake for the moment, and put a K&N filter in. Suddenly the car is runnng sloooow. I doubt it's the new filter (guess who threw the old clogged up piece away at the shop o:) ), so what might I have knocked or damaged to affect the air flow?

I think I should give the Prelude to my wife and keep the newer Protege - she never breaks anything.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kast is right, dont keep it if you are unhappy becuase alls that will end up happening is you will beat it to death because you wont care enough to take care of it and there will be one less prelude for those who actually care.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or I'll do something stupid to @#$% it up!

I removed the filter to see if that was the problem. It run fine for the 200m I dare run it. I tested it with the filter back in and it was now fine. That's crazy, because I rechecked that it was seated properly before posting earlier. But if that doesn't sum up my luck, how about this...

O-M-G omg...

jeez...

:(

Either the hood didn't catch properly or the catch broke...

Anyone have an idea how much it will cost to have a new hood fitted on a '98? Three days before Christmas and I feel as sick as a parrot bleh

You can put it on yourself.

The hood? Is it just a case of the few bolts that are on the two hinges? Are you saying that I don't have to get behind those bolts, and that they are not welded into place for strength? Is it really just a case of taking the old bolts off and bolting the new hood on?

If this is what you are saying... then you may have just made a really bad evening a lot better! Thanks!

Air filter doesn't matter. I've run mine a few times open TB.

I have got the hood bolted on properly now (I'm still in a state of disbelief), and tested the car with the new air filter. It is definitely a LOT more restrictive with the filter in, more than with the old paper one. Is this normal or could the K&N filter be faulty? If I had gone for the SRI I would have saved 100s of dollars on a new hood, saved on the K&N, and will probably end up buying an SRI anyway :rant:

Update:

After a talk with a couple of Honda guys they suggested that the intake was possibly "restricted". They gave me an AEM SRS intake for a good price, and the car feels a lot more responsive now. At first I wasn't impressed by the noise it makes - but having only installed it last night, I kinda liked it on the way to work this morning. Now it feels a lot more fun! I am also getting a little more used to LHD standard, although it still doesn't feel natural with my left hand dominating the steering. Why do you guys have to get things the wrong way round? :p

K24 stroke is a lot longer than K20...

are you joking here? or actually trying to teach my somin? i know this dude. im thinking K24 lately , im liking the torque difference , and the fact they are a bit cheaper. just dont rev as high. no different than going H22 over GSR. except a type s has 200 horse as well , not 170.

Archived