Is Civic still made in Japan

Fobulous

i'm betting a lot of the civic's will still be imported from canada but a good chunk will be cut out and shipped form oh-hi-ho. mine's canadian, hell...pretty much everybodies is. at least that all the people i know. ever read your owners manual, all that stuff about canadian "clean" gas...odd stuff.

Guest evocivic

most your new civics will now come from ohio. i hear that the si will still come from japan. i donno that just what word is around at my teams shop.

My brother's Civic was Canadian. Hehehe, in my naive old days I would bug him about that, "I thought this was a Japanese car...not Canadian...ewww! I didn't even know Canada could make cars..." :laugh: But most are out of Ohio...(if you look at their sales they are slowly cutting down imports on models which they are building locally.)

My Sol, as well as all Sols, were made in Suzuka, Japan. For one of Japan's Nataional Sol meets, they went out to the Honda plant in Suzuka and had a discussion with designers and stuff. Also, they raced on the track in Suzuka...how fun!

its still classified as an import if thats what you meant by "jap car" btw racial slurs are COOL.

all civics with the exception of the Si will be made in Ohio, this is because its a fairly cheap car to make and if they make it here they (honda) doesnt have to pay the tarrifs and other taxes on cars imported, thus making them more money.

*edit*

No more croquet and coffee breaks for the Honda employees stationed at the company's swiging factory in Swindon, England. Their role on Honda's world stage just got bigger and busier.  Earlier this year, Swindon became Hatchback City when it as given the responsibility of building every single Civic three-door and five-door for every Honda market.  That includes the Si sold in America and even the 200hp Type R that's sold in Japan. The latter comes wtih a standard Union Jack badge next to the more familiar Type R emblem.

from superstreet.

so is it consider a jap car still.geez...mine says it from canada..and then i looked under the hood there r part from juarez mexico...crap thats like 2 hours away from me....

weird... my frens civic is made in aregentina...

its still classified as an import if thats what you meant by "jap car" btw racial slurs are COOL.

not to be picky...and not to start anything, but. what racial slur did she use? jap car? cause in my opinion thats not really a racial slur. just means japanese car, which is what honda is. or am i missing something

not to be picky...and not to start anything, but. what racial slur did she use? jap car? cause in my opinion thats not really a racial slur. just means japanese car, which is what honda is. or am i missing something

"Jap" is a racial slur. You ever see BROTHER with Takeshi "Beat" Kitano and Omar Epps? He'd kidney punch you if he heard you say "Jap" :laugh:

well about the jap thinggive her a break she corrected herself...and she didnt direct to any of u so what the deal.i doint know how to spell the correct vrsion so i would abrivetate

ANYWAYS.yeah my sisters car says it is manufactured in canda to whats with that being a japan car why isnt it made there..

First off, not everyone knows that "Jap" is considered a racial slur since most of us were born well after WWII when the phrase was coined. Second, I don't know how you got from what she said that she was a racist, in reading it myself I saw that it was just an abbreviation and not an assault on the japanese culture or people. Third, I think the sensitivity to this type of stuff needs to be dropped, I love everything about the japanese culture and people but I have been known to use the term "jap" as an abbreviation, I feel there is nothing derrogitory about the term and if you guys want to argue that point go to gen dis(that's an abbreviation, not a racial slur towards the forum)

yeah well no one here was born in the 1860's when another racial slur was coined, but people are still aware of that one... just because america wants to forget about what they did to the japanese american citzens during that time period doesnt mean that we can all be come ignorant to some of the lesser known racial slurs. secondly i wasnt calling anyone a racist, rather racial slurs have no place on a public forum or in civilized society. thirdly when a group of people concider a term derogatory it IS derogatory despite its initial intent.

yeah well no one here was born in the 1860's when another racial slur was coined, but people are still aware of that one... just because america wants to forget about what they did to the japanese american citzens during that time period doesnt mean that we can all be come ignorant to some of the lesser known racial slurs. secondly i wasnt calling anyone a racist, rather racial slurs have no place on a public forum or in civilized society. thirdly when a group of people concider a term derogatory it IS derogatory despite its initial intent.

first off, that term is not an abbreviation of the entire races nationality, so therefore it cannot be confused as being non derrogitory, also, if you want to continue to think that there is a grudge between japanese and americans maybe you're the one that needs to look around a little, when was the last time you heard about any kind of hostilities towards japanese by americans or vise versa, its not an issue so you don't need to flame someone because they abbreviated the wrong word...

And you may as well have called her racist, do you think having the name civgirl indicated to you that she held animosity towards the japanese and she meant to use that term to describe the make of the car she drives?

Are you saying that if there's no animosity to Japan and vice versa that it's ok to say Jap? The fact is, that Jap is a racial slur. Some people are sensitive to it still, even decades beyond what the original conotation held. I mean, maybe people are just kidding, but you know walking around and hearing things like "stupid jap" especially when I'm not even japanese says a lot.

There will always be some animosity between Japan and the US. As long as US has bases to drop off young naive troops in Japan, the people there will continue to protest...

first off, that term is not an abbreviation of the entire races nationality, so therefore it cannot be confused as being non derrogitory, also, if you want to continue to think that there is a grudge between japanese and americans maybe you're the one that needs to look around a little, when was the last time you heard about any kind of hostilities towards japanese by americans or vise versa, its not an issue so you don't need to flame someone because they abbreviated the wrong word...

just because you're ignorant to the repercussions of your language doesnt make it okay to use. like it or not "jap" is a racial slur. and really it doesnt matter that its not an abbreviation of an entire races nationality, a racial slur is a racial slur. and i WILL keep taking offense to the word "Jap" being used in any forum not just this one, and until you are japanese and can understand what the japanese had to go through, you have no place to say that its okay.

oh btw if i called you a communist would you take offense? ok i rest my case.

whats wrong wit sayin jap!! i have jap frens.. i call them japs.. and they call me viet... what wrong wit that? " hey viet boy... hows it goin jap...etc..etc..

how come blacks can call us FOBS... but we asians cant call them NIGGAS!!?? they get all mad inside... they call us fobs, they take us as a joke.. and we dont care.. damn hippocrits!!

are you serious? "jap" is a word used by U.S. citizens during world war 2 to describe japanese people while they were persecuting and putting them into concentration camps..

who cares? if you were serious about not using racial slurs then you wouldn't be argueing it and bringing it that much attention. seriously. in my opinion jap isn't a racial slur. its just an abbreviation like trepid said, and thats the way i took it. i like japanese people, don't have a problem with them. i like chinese people, vietnamese (sp? sorry if i spelled it wrong guys). why don't we sum it all up and say i like ASIAN people...or is that a racial slur too?

fact of the matter is is that there is a racial slur for pretty much every race out there. white people are crackers. black people are niggas. chinese people are chinks. who cares? if you really take offense to such words then don't use them and just ignore it. but whatever you do don't put some innocent girl on the chopping block because she abbreviated a word and you took it like she was a racist.

everybody be cool and be happy. like these two people -------> 8):D

WHO CARES!? Maybe I have more respect for the culture, but I would never call anyone or anything from Japan, "Jap." That to me is an insult, just like I would never call some other nationality/ethnicity some other racial slur, no matter how accepted it is publicly. It's pretty ignorant to just say "who cares, it's an abreviation." Maybe people today are more tolerant of negative things, but you got to understand these words still hit a sensitive spot in people. Maybe in America it's not such a big group, but around the world you'll find large amounts of people that would find it offensive. No matter if it was meant as a joke. You can not forget the negatives, or just brush them off as nothing. The Japanese Americans contributed a lot to the community before WWII, yet their allegiance to America was doubted and they lost their homes and properties and spent months in camps. Mind you, Hitler got the idea of concentration camps from the US, who was great at putting people in camps....sorry, didn't want to make this a history lesson, but you should see why it's a sensitive issue to some, especially the Japanese community.

I didn't want to seem like I was picking on her, I mean she fixed it and all. At least she has some tolerance for other people's opinions.

Archived