E-ram superchager

Kicksome123

Well, this $500 a month thing, how long are you getting this money? Since you can not save it, I may have a better idea for you.

basically till I turn 18, I dont usually spend the whole 500 bucks a month maybe around 400 or so.

rob you keep double posting wtf.

save up an extra $100 + $600 and get yourself a nice clutch/pp/flywheel/short throw shifter set-up like me.

Ehhhh, im a little icky about taking my tranny out..

rob you keep double posting wtf.

save up an extra $100 + $600 and get yourself a nice clutch/pp/flywheel/short throw shifter set-up like me.

No I didn't, look closer.

Well, when do you turn 18? Saying that doesn't mean crap to me since I don't know who the hell you are and how old you are and when your birthday is.

Why are you scared to take your tranny out? I can do my clutch and flywheel in 3 hours. Its simple dude.

Trust me im one impatient bastard when it comes to something complicated. I need to replace the synchroizer for 2nd gear though as well. I guess I could find someone to help meh do it but I dunno

And why exactly can you not save it? Send me a PM saying why.

I say piece a motor together, it will take a while, but in the end, I think you will be happy. With your first $500 you could probably get a B18B block and a B16A head, maybe.

Next payment you could probably get pistons, low compression or how, whatever you plan on doing.

Next payment, maybe go for the rods and LS-VTEC kit?

Following payment, get a nice set of camshafts like Buddy Club Spec IV's or Skunk2 Pro Series 2's.

Next, go for valves, valve springs, and retainers.

Then go for B16A transmission, but this may take you two months.

Go get yourself a clutch.

Flywheel and intake manifold.

Header and ECU.

Then you just need to get the axles, shift linkage, a few other things, and a computer tune. It will take a while, the route you would need, but if you really just want all go and no show, might be smart. Then you could save for a turbo kit or something.

Impatient? Or do you not know what you are doing? There is a difference.

I don't give a crap, I don't know crap about working on cars, but I feel I know a good bit about modifying them, I pay mechanics to do the work I want, that's all I care.

Impatient? Or do you not know what you are doing? There is a difference.

I don't give a crap, I don't know crap about working on cars, but I feel I know a good bit about modifying them, I pay mechanics to do the work I want, that's all I care.

I dont know waht I am doing, havent been around cars much but im not completely stupid, just more of a computer guy. Yes im imaptient about damn near everything...

Well, I don't know what to say really, seems like you know what you want, but you don't.

I really wanna show up the modern muscle cars around my school to show them that a civic can actually be something... Mostly there are v6 camaros but there are 2 lt1's that are up there. One is a girl that thinks her car is the crap, the other is a guy and me and him are actually pretty good freakin friends =P he wishes he had an import and he has a z28 lol...

I used to have a Trans Am, so I know quite a bit. I had about $1,000 into aftermarket in that thing and it was going 12.6's. I have over $7,000 into my Civic in aftermarket and I am probably a 13.4, I'd hope. Although, when I think about it, stock I ran 13.1 in my Trans Am, stock I would have ran 19's in my Civic. Although, my Trans Am was a LS1.

I can most likely take the majority of stock or minor bolt-on LT1's, but it isn't a "for sure." If you want to stomp on V8's, especially GM, you will most likely need to do a swap or heavily work that SOHC. That little electronic air blower isn't going to do crap, period. It takes a bit of money to compete with the V8's, but it is worth it in the end. First LS1 I beat, I will have the biggest grin on my face. If I went the turbo route, I would have no problem, but being all motor is a completely different feeling of success when you laugh at them.

The 3.8L engines aren't fast, low 15's I believe.

I went to this meet up place where all the people with imports go every friday last night. A guy had the same car as me and hes about to run boost and he had I believe it was a lbx intake manifold and a bunch of other engine goodies getting ready for that turbo. Anyone ever heard of a lbx intake manifold and throttle body? Someone said he paid a little over a grand for the 2 parts...

I hope not OBX, haha. SOHC parts are cheap as hell, I don't know what the hell he is smoking. You can get intake manifold and throttle body, good ones, for a DOHC VTEC engine for less then $500 I believe.

Well I get skunk2 whenever I can so thats what im prolly gunna go with.

Archived