Turbo noob in need of turbo advice.

Seto-Jai

ok, first off, 75-100hp will be definitely noticable change in how your car drives. lol.

easy way to increase the hp, but you have to be very quiet, its a well known secret :ph34r:

increase the psi :ph34r:

there are other mods you can do as well, such as a bigger intercooler, better intake manifold, larger throttle body, ect.

I just did some looking in turbos and i noticed that some only add 75-100 HP with 8 PSI of boost. Now heres hte question, is it possible to get higher horsepower than what it states?

These are direct bolt on turbo kits.

if you piece together your own kit rather than buying a bolt on one, you can get more hp

hahaha , definitely possible. those bolt on kits dont come with pistons , rods , wrist pins , bearings , arp bolts and studs , all these things ive mentioned are how you get more power out of your turbo setup without blowing the engine up.

hahaha , definitely possible. those bolt on kits dont come with pistons , rods , wrist pins , bearings , arp bolts and studs , all these things ive mentioned are how you get more power out of your turbo setup without blowing the engine up.

All those are for internals? and if i was to setup my own turbo would it be easy to put the whole thing together easily as bolt ons? this is only for daily driving i'm not looking ot be some kind of dragster with crazy 500 HP+ just something good for the road.

Lol, true.

Aight, if i did all the internal upgrades before i put the turbo on which is a good thing hopefully lol. Instead of buying bolt on ones if i tried to piece one together what would i need? the turbo itself and what size? intercooler, BOV, wastegate, downpipe, exhaust, headers, fuel injectors, what else owuld i need because i'm kind of afria dto miss out a part here lol.

Lol, true.

Aight, if i did all the internal upgrades before i put the turbo on which is a good thing hopefully lol. Instead of buying bolt on ones if i tried to piece one together what would i need? the turbo itself and what size? intercooler, BOV, wastegate, downpipe, exhaust, headers, fuel injectors, what else owuld i need because i'm kind of afria dto miss out a part here lol.

1. headers + turbo = no go

2. click for turbo info

3. click for more info

Archived