suggestions on brake pads

Nancy

Without knowing you driving habits and needs, that's a tough question.

I would think for all around everyday normal driving, I would think stock pads can't be beat.

I have had quite a few Honda motocross bikes in my time and while that certainly can not be a direct comparison to the cars, it is a known fact that Honda has the best brake pads available for the bikes and I would think that same "rule" would be applied to the cars too.

I myself would rather have a softer pad and better braking and a bit quicker wear then a hard pad that is quarenteed for life, needs a bit harder pressure on pedal and can possibly wear the rotors out quicker.

honda makes the best crap period dude , lol. if honda made as fridge , it be the coldest , best fukin fridge you can buy dude , hahaha. once would suck about that though , once the compressor started on the back of the fridge , you wouldnt be able to sleep , fukin thing in VTEC half the nite , hahaha

hey SSR ever hear anything on ceramic pads? i kow there out there and people are using them , but ive never heard anything like how hard they are on rotors? how long they last?

I have no personal experience with them but I believe they should be easier on rotors just because they heat up less, which would mean they would eat into the rotors less (since a hot rotor is easier to deform by hard braking).

You seem to do a lot of canyon/twisty driving so now that I think about it I would deffo go with something like I have (higher-density OEMs) for a good resistance to brake fade during those crazy times but normal brake feel day-to-day.

i decided to go with EBC yellow's in the front and EBC green's in the rear for my itr. ive been hearing good things about them so decided to try them out and theyre reasonably priced also.

thanks for the suggestions.

funny story on brake pads...

my dad has a 03 hyundai elantra he drives an hour and a half back and forth from work...he bought brakepads for it off of autopartswarehouse (ftw) and he took the pads off and they still have a lil over half the life on them...but the funny thing is that his car almost has 100,000 miles on it.

• 5 weeks later...

Hawk HPS's are an awesome pad Pagid is a really good brand too. AVOID MINTEX at all costs. Not sure if they have Honda Applications but they are a great VW pad. Hope that helps.

-Steve.

If you want to break your pads in in less than 20 mins, find a back road accelerate to 60 break to 10 and hit 60 again do this 10 times as fast as you can(or significant break fade), and drive for about 10 minutes WITHOUT STOPPING or you will leave deposits on your rotors. Their should be no stops until your pads are cool again.

Archived