Tuning

Anyone have an idea what the price is on a tuning machine/kit or whatever it is? I'm thinking of buying one if it's not that much, since my brother in law does a lot of work for people on their imports and I figure I can more than make my money back with it. Also looking for sites that might have them for sale. Thanks.

i think hes talking about what he thinks is used for tuning cars ECU's. its not simple bud , and its not cheap. ive been reading alot lately about tuning , and whats involved. look at a fuel/ignition map sometime , lol , its somin else.

Yeah, I guess it's for the ECU. My brother in law knows how to do the crap, I just need to get the whatever kit/machine. He said whatever it is he could get for probably $300, jsut wondering exactly what it is. I'd call him and ask but he just started working another job so he's home even less now.

If you have to ask how much a kit/machine is for tuning. Then you definitely won't make your money back.

Well, if your comprehension was about that of a piece of peanut pulled out from someone's turd, you'd have read that my brother in law does the technical crap.

I was just looking for sites that sell the stuff because he is hardly home enough to show them to me.

Sorry if I'm not the mechanical guru that you are. I've just been a little busy workign two jobs to support my family. I'll try to live up to your expectations in the future.

S100 is pretty safe....not very powerful but you can't get into too much trouble with it. It's pretty much useless unless you have a separate datalogging system though. Even then you'll need a good wideband lamda meter and a load cell dyno to use. EFI tuning isn't terribly difficult (which is why everyone and there grandma has a "tuning" shop) but it does require an understanding of the systems and sensors involved.

"Chill foo.

He's giving you his opinion and I suggest you use it to your advantage, not flip on him."

That's not an opinion that can benefit me in any way.....

foo.

Now go pull up your pants, turn off your Eminem record and get back to McDonald's before they notice that the grill has been left unattended.

"Then your bro should be able to tell you easily what to get if he tunes Hondas.

I have two jobs as well. One is running my own business."

Well, guess it's my turn now. If you have to work a second job while owning your own, then perhaps you aren't doing something right.

hey hey hey...do to the fact that your a noob draybook,(as i am) im not being smart with u when i say this,but i wouldnt go running my mouth to these guys or next time you ask for some advice these guys arent going to care what you have to say...as much as we all would like to help you theres no need to dis' on other people.take it easy man

I work two jobs so I can make more money. Plus I like my dayjob. Not a lot to do with my business when I'm not building something.

S100 is powerful. You don't have to have a dyno.

Tuning isn't that difficult? Yeah...

Next time you want help (OP), you won't get any from me, even if it is an intelligent topic.

Well, if your comprehension was about that of a piece of peanut pulled out from someone's turd, you'd have read that my brother in law does the technical crap.

I was just looking for sites that sell the stuff because he is hardly home enough to show them to me.

Sorry if I'm not the mechanical guru that you are. I've just been a little busy workign two jobs to support my family. I'll try to live up to your expectations in the future.

dude, dont dis ssr, he is like a god on this site. just relax man, everybody on here is just tryin to help. take their advice.

S100 is powerful. You don't have to have a dyno.

Autronic, Motec, Advantage 3...those are powerful. S100 is a very basic emulator and has no built in datalogging capability. You don't have to have a dyno but it is much easier, safer, and more accurate to establish a tune on one. You can do things on a good dyno that are either impossible or at least dangerous to attempt on the street. Street tuning is great for fine tuning driveability and making corrections as conditions warrant.

Archived