2 Questions I need an answer tooo

Verbal Killa

Okay since im going too make my LS a LSVTEC with a b16a head.

does that meen ANYTHING that i add too the engine has too be for a b16a?

Example: Intake Manifold, intake, headers, etc. if i put the b16a head on there that meens it has too BE for that b16a head right?

An what about turbo? would it be for a b16a or b18b1(my engine). or it doesnt really matter? this always leaves me confused.

also..

What are things i can do too my engine too make it faster after i put the b16a vtec head on? (i already have it just need too install it)

Like.. change Pistons, racing clutch, flywheel, what are things i can do too build my engine? i already got the i/h/e. thanxx

Stuff like cams, valve springs retainers you will buy for the B16, headers and stuff you will buy to fit your block (LS B18B) the turbo doesn't matter, all turbos are universal so that doesn't matter, but if you buy a turbo "kit" buy the one that is made for your car so all of the charge piping will fit etc..

Okay since im going too make my LS a LSVTEC with a b16a head.

does that meen ANYTHING that i add too the engine has too be for a b16a?

Example: Intake Manifold, intake, headers, etc. if i put the b16a head on there that meens it has too BE for that b16a head right?

An what about turbo? would it be for a b16a or b18b1(my engine). or it doesnt really matter? this always leaves me confused.

also..

What are things i can do too my engine too make it faster after i put the b16a vtec head on? (i already have it just need too install it)

Like.. change Pistons, racing clutch, flywheel, what are things i can do too build my engine? i already got the i/h/e. thanxx

everything you buy for your motor will be for the b18. because for example, your exhaust manifold doesnt come off the head. as far as turbo, the injectors which are in the head will have to be for a b16 however the actual turbo itself will be universal, youll just have to make sure you get a turbo maniifold for the b18. if your going to go boost, start hetting your forged internals, injectors, ems ,your arp head bolts, pistons, etc. then when you get all that in order start piecing together your turbo. you also may wanna do some suspension mods, because you cant go fast if your car haldes like crap.

Sonny can u name somethings like a list of things i can buy for my car before i get turbo. an suspension mods etc so i can save it as a word pad an buy em when i got the money for each one?

So if i have a civic coupe 94. that doesnt meen anything right on what i should buy anymore? it all matters on the enginee

Okay so anything that has too do with the block, buy it for the b18b1. an anything that connects too the head or goes inside the head buy for b16a?

and theres a difference between turbo an turbo "kit" ? o.O

Whats better?

A turbo is just a turbo, many people who know their crap "build" their own turbo setups, but people who just simply want a turbo buy a turbo kit that consists of all the necisitys to boost your car. To answer your seconds question everything you buy for your car from now on will be for your motor except a catback exhaust system, and suspension up grades. if you replace your clutch or flywheel buy one that is for the B18B. Inless you are going with a differenct tranny, if you were I would go with a B16 tranny.

Sonny can u name somethings like a list of things i can buy for my car before i get turbo. an suspension mods etc so i can save it as a word pad an buy em when i got the money for each one?

So if i have a civic coupe 94. that doesnt meen anything right on what i should buy anymore? it all matters on the enginee

haha, im not going to lie. i couldnt even tell you what youd need for a turbo in a complete and entire list - because im such a noob - prolly the smartest noob on here, but a noob nonetheless. i know youll need:

a turbo

youll want an external wastegate

charge piping

intercooler

blow off valve

turbo manifold

youll want some sort ems or fmu - do believe the ems's are better but to each his own (hondata)

3 inch exhaust.

boost controller

youll want new injectors i think 550 cc is good (of course i dont know)

low compression pistons... rods...

this you dont erally have to have but its good

adjust your gearing.

depending on how much boost your going to psuh, you may need a new clutch ebcause your stock clutch can only hold so much power.

lightened flywheel

cams.

new valve springs

retainers

bigger intake manifold

youll prolly want 15-16 inch rims

your going to want to lower it,

get a camber kit

new shocks

an alignment

front upper strut tower bar

rear upper strut tower bar

front lower and rear lower tie bars.

and about your year. as far as doing anything mechanical to it, everything you buy will be for the motor you have in it. if its something that goes in or on the head, get it for the b16 head. and anything that involves the block, get it for the b18. as far as what chubs said on the charge piping. is that the charge piping kit, is actaully cut to fit your car, so it will be easier for yout o buy charge piping for a 94 civic. i mean its not a must, because you may run into clearance issues anyway because you dont have the stock motor in it. either way, charge piping is easy to cut and make things fit.

my best advice for you is to ask someone who knows what theyre talking about, solles, chubs, sca, etc.

Stuff like cams, valve springs retainers you will buy for the B16, headers and stuff you will buy to fit your block (LS B18B) the turbo doesn't matter, all turbos are universal so that doesn't matter, but if you buy a turbo "kit" buy the one that is made for your car so all of the charge piping will fit etc..

ANYTHING that connects to the head will be for the vtec head.

^^Okay ill search for it.

and u said if i get a turbo get it for b series. so either way it wouldnt matter because the b18b1 an b16a are both b series.

an i didnt kno if i change the head too a b16a i got too change the exhaust pipe too. eeeh thats alot i got too do

but thanx everyone this is HELPING ME OUT ALOT.

appreciate the help from everyone im actually learning ALOT today

headers and stuff you will buy to fit your block (LS B18B)

wrong , exhaust bolts to the head dude , lol. but all B series are the same so i dont matter anyways.

because for example, your exhaust manifold doesnt come off the head

ahhh , hmmmm.

just like was mentioned , anything bolts to the head you get for B16A. headers for B series are all the same though(meaning you can take your manifold or header of your B18 head when it comes off , and bolt it on the B16 head). if your buying pistons , rods , bearings , anything for the engine than buy for B18. as far as charge piping goes , im pretty sure all B18 and B16 are compatible under the hood.

which one , exhaust or intake? if your buying an intake manny , get it for a B16. if your getting an exhaust manny , dont matter , all B series will fit it.

wrong , exhaust bolts to the head dude , lol. but all B series are the same so i dont matter anyways.

ahhh , hmmmm.

just like was mentioned , anything bolts to the head you get for B16A. headers for B series are all the same though(meaning you can take your manifold or header of your B18 head when it comes off , and bolt it on the B16 head). if your buying pistons , rods , bearings , anything for the engine than buy for B18. as far as charge piping goes , im pretty sure all B18 and B16 are compatible under the hood.

not to correct you cranny, but i don't want another confusion thread lol

ITR and b16 manifolds will only fit ITR and b16 heads. GSR manifolds will only fit GSR heads.

like this:

get a vtec head. if you get a b16, get the manifolds from a type R or b16, NOT a gsr, it wont fit. OR a non vtec.

block, get ONLY non vtec stuff, as you will obviously be using a non vtec block, crank, and rods. GSR rod bolts, bearings, etc.. will not work. use VTEC pistons, as they will give you higher compression. if you plan on the turbo route use the non vtec pistons ( the LS pistons)

SO, in essense, use vtec top end parts, and for the most parts non vtec block parts. BUT, get a vtec oil pump and water pump/timing belt.

i'm building one and my setup is:

b18b non vtec block

GSR head

GSR aftermarket header/intake manifold

LS rods w/ JDM GSR pistons (not going turbo, N/A)

LS bearings, ARP rod bolts, seals, etc...

VTEC oil pump

GSR water pump - get the matching one to your head

GSR timing belt.

wa-la

quote]ITR and b16 manifolds will only fit ITR and b16 heads. GSR manifolds will only fit GSR heads.

again , what manifold dude , theres 2 , lol. i said up there , if you get an intake manny , get it for B16. as for GSR intake manny , they are terrible , and anyone into hondas and knowing what there doing wouldnt use one. and yes , a ITR intake manny , will fit on a GSR or B16A , or any B series.

block, get ONLY non vtec stuff, as you will obviously be using a non vtec block, crank, and rods.

i said that ^^^.

GSR rod bolts, bearings, etc.. will not work

yes they will , all B series engine have the same journal sizes. rod and main. B18B1 crank will fit in a B16 , B16 crank will fit in B18 , so on.

SO, in essense, use vtec top end parts, and for the most parts non vtec block parts. BUT, get a vtec oil pump and water pump/timing belt.

weve already established that there is no difference in the oil pumps. they are the same. same part# = same part. water pumps are the same. PS pumps are the same.(different lines on the different gens though.

PS DEW , that wont work dude. that setup youve listed is good for a 6.36:1 compression ratio. stick with the setups i listed in your first thread dude , i wouldnt steer you wrong.

oh, and if the type r manifold will fit on a GSR, why do they only sell the R and the b16 manifolds together, but the GSR seperate? and this is on ANY website, not just this one.

http://www.kteller.biz/product.asp?numReco...r=&PT_ID=94

the bolt pattern on a GSR is different from a R or a b16. intake or exhaust. the b16 and teh type r heads are the same head. just dif. internals.

i didnt specify cause it doesnt matter. B18 bottom ends are the same VTEC or not , minus the deck height , and what the internals are made from , cranks have different stroke. but yes if you have a VTEC bottom end than of course buy VTEC parts , is that even a question? lol. of course man.

All of the exhaust manifolds are the same with B series.....GSR, B16, ITR are all the same. A type R intake mani won't bolt up to a GSR though. The GSR intake mani's are different because of the stupid butterfly deal. They don't bolt up the same.

if youd like i can post pics of the bolt patterns and mannys themselves. theres a couple slight differences but bolt pattern is the same. the GSR is all studs comming from the head. type R has some bolts instead of studs(dont matter cause bolt pattern is same). also and the hardest and only difference really to overcome , the coolant passge in the GSR is slightly different than the typeR(location). also can be worked around. if you wanted to put a type R intake manny on a GSR , you could. ive seen people put a D16Y8 intake manny on a D17A2 like mine. look at scematics at them 2 mannys , if that can be done , this can , lol.

I've never tried it to be honest, but on Team Integra, it has been attempted and for whatever reason it doesn't fit and can't easily be made to fit. Trust me, if it could be done, the guys on T-I would know how and would have figured it out. Every one of them that's upgraded has had to get an aftermarket Skunk2 or Blox which have the same specs as the ITR. I'm not saying it can't be done, but if it was feasable, those guys would be doing it. Even with the S2 IM, you have to work around a bunch of stuff like using the ITR throttle cable and bracket, etc... The ITR manifold sits much further back than the GSR.....even the B16 sits up higher and back farther than the GSR.

Archived