tranny

hondadrifter

okay i have a 95 civic ex as most of you already know i was just wondering if it would it help to get like a 91 civic si's gears because i guess the ratios are better for that year like for example if i redline my car and then i shift the rpms drop below 5 grand which totally kills acceleration because now vtec is disengaged and you want to stay in vtec as long as you can i don't know i was just asking for opinions on changing gear ratios......what do you guys think?

hard to explain you really have to hear it for yourself...

yeah, i've heard it for myself. i just can't find the words to explain it. i can make the noise, i can think of it, i just can't find the words to 'splain it. anyways, i notice the noise start to kick in at around 4500, but you can really hear it at about 5700-redline. thats just when its most audible, but it gradually moves up as you go through the revs. i know its not a belt or something cause it only does it after 4500...

Archived