dyno testing

hondadrifter

g-techs arent really reliable for hp and torque number...not really reliable for 1/4 times either. and 500 for 2.5 hrs was for dyno time and tuning... its a little steep but i dont mind, they know what they are doin. they got more hp out of my current set up then a magazine got out of a setup with a hks gt2540 turbo upgrade, on less boost might i ad

as far as g-techs and alike...they are only semi-reliable to show the difference that a mod makes. if it shows that you make say, average 130hp when you pull to 70mph in 3rd gear, then you put an intake and make consistent 135hp runs with the same variables...then it's reliable. but as far as telling you how much your car actually makes all around, i'd take it with a grain of salt.

you've gotta have a fairly hardcore car to dyno for 2 hours...i just got mine dynoed for two runs at 40 bucks (it was a dyno day open house). normally it's 80 bucks, and it only takes maybe a half hour to get the car strapped down and make two runs...the only reason they would take longer is if you have air/fuel mods or anything else that they can tweak to gain horses.

i had a s15 turbo put on which flows better then my s14. it took 2.5 hrs to get the fuel maps down to where i would be getting the best power curves, that and since it flows more they had to get keep dropping the boost levels till i could run full boost with out running out of injectors.

Archived