Tein EDFC

Hey guys, in order to graduate I need to do this senior project. My topic is Tein's EDFC! I used this site as a source so if you guys can give me any info on this subject then it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can get my EDFC by the time this school year ends so that I can use that as part of my project. But anyway, any info or tips or whatever would be cool. Also since this is one of my 5 sources I need to quote someone from here. Hope thats kool with you. This is series so please don't be dumb or flame me for this. Thanks!

The tein EDFC is developed based on the following concepts:

1. Easily controlled from the inside

All you have to do is push a button inside the car. Uses a motor on top of each strut controlled from inside the car to adjust dampening.

2. Memory

The EDFC can store 3 damping force settings set by the driver. normal driving mode when going out with family, a sports mode for a winding road, and a cruising mode when driving on a freeway.

3. Compact in size

It is equivalent to 1/4 DIN, easily placed and accessed in the cabin of a vehicular transporter.

Function of EDFC

1. Damping force control function (16 levels / 32 levels)

Built in damping force control function for 16 levels. Thiscontrols the damping force by adjusting the rate of oil flow in the bypass through raising and lowering the damping force control needle built in piston rod for 16 levels. It uses a stepper motor to adjust the same as it would be manually. Also, the operation by the controller with a decreased rotation angle has made possible a more accurate adjustment of a 32-level mode in the same control range. The damping force for the front and rear wheels can be separately controlled, while the right and left wheels keep the same dampening rate.

2. Damping force level resetting function

After the EDFC is installed, you can reset it by rotating the motor with the device turned on. You might need to reset it when: You install or remove EDFC, or when the control level is changed from 16-level to 32-level, or when the level displayed is wrong because of external or mechanical reasons. This operation is not necessary in the normal driving. Turning on the main power again after turning it off can reset the damping force level and memory settins.

3. Self-checking/warning function

If the EDFC fails electronically, all three memory buttons will blink red with an alarm sound and an error message is shown.

4. Volume/brightness control function

3 levels of volume plus mute of the beep sound while operating the EDFC. You can also adjust the brightness to three levels. It also functions with the dimmer for guage lights for operation at night.

5. Mis-operation preventive function

The EDFC is equipped with a lock mode, which prevents mis-operation. The 'key' mark is displayed and all operations become impossible including turning the power on and off. It is useful when you let someone else drive your vehicle.

Edit: If you quote me, I want a grade too.

You make me laugh EH6 Ill let you know what we get....was that post from the tein site cuz i think I have read that before! Some of it anyway the lock thing was new! Thanks!

Im not sure yet chubs...it depends on what I decide for the rest of my car...I am thinking flexmaster right now though

Hell no I am not goint to plagarize....But a lot of it will not be able to be changed....plus a works cited page and integrated quotes is all I need. Plus the paper is not the hard part....but we have stupid dates for little things that don't even matter! Like notecards, and our sources and what not.

Hey if anyone has pics of a car with an EDFC or tein set up and would allow me to use them in my powerpoint....that would be cool. Just email me or post them on here.

Archived