what happens...

optional187

well...last night at about 11:30 pm i had just dropped off my brother at his apartment after the weekly import gathering (it started raining so everybody left). so i was driving through a First National Bank parking lot to get back to a main road, and i'm going about 20-25mph comming up to a 90 degree turn. i start to go around the turn and it suddenly tightens up on me and i tap the brakes which locks up the wheels and sends the rear spinning right smack into the curb (WHAM!!!). it was wet, no anti-locks, etc etc etc. i counter steered, hit the gas in second gear and nothing helped...my front wheels actually spun on the wet pavement instead of pulling my car back around like i wanted.

anyways, i ordered a new steel wheel for it...cost me $35 bucks and it'll be here on monday. on monday i'll get the tire put on it and get it balanced and what not, then take it to my mechanic and see if anything is bent. keep you guys posted.

its all bent up

fcabd99e.jpg

rollin on dubs

fcabd999.jpg

Dude, that Spoon wheel on the back is awesome.

shoot you should have a set of four...lol...j/k...man ididnt know hitting a curb can be that bad..ouch...makes me wanna cry.. :(

well just think it could have been worse...you can say you are lucky there was no body damage... love christy

yeah...at least i didn't slide into a tree or something. and about the "spoon wheels", my friends and i are thinking about buying a full set (4) of spare tires and put them on for just f*cking around. you know...burn off the rubber, go e-braking, etc.

i'm taking it to Tires Plus tomorrow morning, i just got a wheel tonight to put the tire on. it cost me $37.10, and its going to cost like $12.99 for tires plus to put the old tire on the new (used) wheel. plus whatever its going to cost for them to check out my alignment, and fix it if its messed up. i will update this tomorrow when i get back.

i really like threads like this because if this happens to somebody else they know exactly what to do, and how much its going to cost. you guys like?

ok. took it to the shop. had them put the old tire on the new wheel...$12.99. also had them check/fix the alignment of all four wheels cost me $59.99, and they hooked me up with a $10 coupon cause i rang the guys groceries up the night before at work. my left rear trailing arm (or control, or traveling...whatever, its one of them) is bent a little bit and they had to re-align it to the max. its set pretty good. i'm satisfied. next on my list: timing belt. :)

new wheel: $37.50

put tire on it: $12.99

alignment: $59.99

misc. shop costs: $2.88

grand total: $117.51

plus whatever it cost me to put on a new arm whenever i decide to do that.

having the experience of sliding into a curb: pricey

Guest QbanHonda

Well like christy said you are very lucky to just have that problem with the tire and not any body damage on ur car. Well as for me I have a big spare tire in my trunk. I actually bought an extra rim for my car so incase I ever get a flat or whatever happens **Knock on wood** I can just put on the regular tire and not have to worry about the spare. Those things can be pretty dangerous to be driving with those on. Well Good Luck and Take Care

Dude, that Spoon wheel on the back is awesome.

shoot you should have a set of four...lol...j/k...man ididnt know hitting a curb can be that bad..ouch...makes me wanna cry.. :(

well just think it could have been worse...you can say you are lucky there was no body damage... love christy

or now that i think of it you could have had higly expensive rims on it..then that would just piss me off if they were f@#$ up...your lucky...glad your ok as well..

or now that i think of it you could have had higly expensive rims on it..then that would just piss me off if they were f@#$ up...your lucky...glad your ok as well..

Which is why I roll in Rotas. Pricewise: 4 Rotas = 1 Spoon rim. So, that right there said, get Rotas since your car ain't no show car and you live in Sport Compact central...can you say "JACKED!"

Anyhow, if you replace your LCAs (lower control arms) go look for some del Sol VTEC or Integra GS-R LCAs and throw on the stock rear sway bar, since those LCAs come with the holes required for one.

i didnt hit a curb but i had a donut on my car..there was a hole in the wall of the tire....so now i boutght two tires from a friend that has a 2000 civic...the front is more lower profile...but buddy doesnt having a donut suck...especially on a honda...

i just took my spare completely out. along with the jack and what not. got tired of having it in my trunk...and i don't plan to put it back in any time soon. now watch me get a flat... :(

Yah, i don't have that option. As long as my front tires camber and my camber kit just sits here waiting to be installed (about 2 months already...) I need to keep a spare in my trunk just in case my tire goes POP!

Archived