91 Civic Lx Motor

so whatdo you people suggest that i do with the motor performance wise. right now it has a after market exhaust except for the header and the intake is the sock intake with holes drilled into the black rubber/plastic air intake hose. right now that is all that i have noticed. also the a/c is there but its not hooked up should i discard of the a/c componants ot should i get the a/c lines that connect to the compressor? 8)

i would suggest putting on a aftermarket intake and header then.

as for the a/c. it depends on what you want and how hot it gets in your area. i usually roll with the windows down in my car (even in the winter :laugh: ) but i still want my a/c. you know, for those days that its raining and hot. a/c is a good thing. but if you don't really care about a/c then just rip all that stuff out and save some weight...

As much as I praise the A/C in the car, hahaha I rarely use it. On 100+ hot days, when you got the blower on full blast with the temp on the most extreme hot (or cold) and the glass still won't clear, and days when I wash the car are the only times I use A/C. All the other times I drive with the windows open and on a good day, I'm taking off the roof :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

well i was looking at my motor and i noticed that i have a D16A motor. when the ? was asked ealier on what type of motor i had this is what i got as a reply from BuddySol in a different thread. is there anything out there for this motor or should i still go ahead and get a b16a next tax season?

91 Civic DX?

D15A

92hp@6000rpm

89lb-ft@4500rpm

No, I don't think the D16A6 is a VTEC since it was introduced in Japan on the Integra in like 89. VTEC didn't make it to the Civics till 92.

i think you are right about that buddy sol. now another ? if i post the block serial # could anyone find out what motor this is exactly. because i went to honda.com and found out that the ex and the Si of the same time frame of my car also used this motor. the EX version having about 108hp and Si about 113hp.

Archived