Turbo B18c5??

Alright, yes I am new to the import seen, just sold my domestic cuz im tired of four bangers kicking myy ass. If u you cant beat'em... join'em..

Ok heres my plan get a 92 hatch for around 2k. Thats going to leave me with around 5500 to spend. I was thinking about a b18c5. Would this be the a good choice. Im not so sure about the turboing it but if i did want to, can i turbo a type r and run bout 10psi ?

Ok heres my plan get a 92 hatch for around 2k. Thats going to leave me with around 5500 to spend. I was thinking about a b18c5. Would this be the a good choice. Im not so sure about the turboing it but if i did want to, can i turbo a type r and run bout 10psi ?

nice plan, but b18c5 is a integ type r motor, it dosent mean that its the best motor, i mean why buy that when you can get a gsr motor cheaper then the type-r, alotta read drag civics and integra run B18C1 not C5....even with turbo..

you can run 10psi on a type r, but you gotta build the head for insurance crap such as rods,pistons,... do some other internals to you 92 hatch, and you'll run high 12s..

a little advance crap.. gut your car, by that i mean take out all your interior parts, and A/C, heater(if you want),radio,speaker, gut the whole door so it weighs around 20lbs, but the seats, get plecy glass windows and ribbits, get bodykits for looks,areodynamics and for lightweight. cf hood would kill some weight, straight pipe(no cat), get wheels, 17s rims,no dash, all aluminum dash at 2lbs..

ooh and welcome to the board, hope you will learn alot here

Ok thanx for your advice, soo would u say it would be a better idea to just get a gsr + turbo?.. The thing is there are sooo many diffrent options to go with, i was looking and i think i can afford a b16 and have money left to go with the turbo. Basically what im saying If u had 5500 and a hatchback to put it in what would u do?

As far as looks go, im its going to a sleeper, im going to semi-gut it. Most comestic thing may be a SI rims

5500 i would go with a gsr and a drag or custom turbo kit. i wouldnt recommend trying to up the boost past like 8psi until you do some internals, pistons, rods, head work wouldnt hurt either. but internals and headwork will run more then 5500. ooor you could do a n/a gs-r, high comp pistons, h-beam rods, cams head work ect.

Could you guys give me a link or something to some sites for turbo kits? What turbo stage turbo setup should i use with stock internals? ( I will be doing work on new internals iventually)..thx u guys have been alot of help

for me.... i would buy an LS motor (b18b) lower compression/cheeper/just a really good motor for boostin IMO ;) then find out what turbo kit you want

yea i agree, get the ls motor, since its lower compression and cheaper, alotta rich people would buy the type r, but if you wanna save a buck of buck, get the ls..(IMO) as well..:ninja:

Yea I just got off the phone with shop doing my swap. I think I would be able to afford the rev hard stage 2c . So with stock internals how much boost could run ? what kind of HP could I expect? What 1/4 et's? and does anyone on the board have the LS turbo setup?

Guest 80659sSol

well the more psi you want to run on a stock block, the more tunning you're going to have to do ;) more fuel and all, even a hondata set-up would be good to control all of that :) goto www.hondata.com to look up more info on that... and ill see what i can dig up on a b18bT set-up :D

a turbo'd gsr will produce more power out of less boost then a ls turbo will, gsr's arent that much more then the ls is. if you want some serious power, get an ls block with internals, b16a head, and a t3/t4 turbo or a hks 2835 turbo.

erm prolly not for 5500 unless you found a really cheap gsr. come to think of it, you can always do that head swap later, just make sure when you do it you do all the oil delivery stuff to the block. but in the mean time i know a few ls-turbo's that run pretty quick times, and thats definelty in the price range you are lookin at.

a couple years ago back, my cousins racing team was pretty fast.. this mexican guys car was a gsr turboed civic(rare in that year) running @ high 12s, id say a B18C or B17 would do fine running high 12s,

oh and the b17 that engine was in my cousins car, you can take a look at it @ www.geocities.com/b8oypiccolo <--my site

click the civic link to see it...

the two turbo'd gsr's, one in a hatch the other in a teg, were both running 11's, the hatch is shooting for 140mph trap speeds this year. the turbo ls was running mid 12's but he has some traction stuff to net a lower 60ft. the gsr and the ls both ran t3/t4's and the hatch was running a t3/t4 but now has a t4, i think its a p-trim, not sure though

the two turbo'd gsr's, one in a hatch the other in a teg, were both running 11's, the hatch is shooting for 140mph trap speeds this year. the turbo ls was running mid 12's but he has some traction stuff to net a lower 60ft. the gsr and the ls both ran t3/t4's and the hatch was running a t3/t4 but now has a t4, i think its a p-trim, not sure though

damn, back in the days say... 5-8 years ago, when you were hittin high 11s on a turbocivic, everyone in cali consider that as "god" and when you say you were hittin 10s, they all knew you bs.. there was a lotta crew out there that time, they all ran..decent 13s 14s...

right now,when the importsence took place, that was when everyone came up with money and they now could hit easy 12s in the civics

damn, back in the days say... 5-8 years ago, when you were hittin high 11s on a turbocivic, everyone in cali consider that as "god" and when you say you were hittin 10s, they all knew you bs.. there was a lotta crew out there that time, they all ran..decent 13s 14s...

Oh the days of the Honda Racing Duct Tape...hehehe...anything for a quicker time.

Oh the days of the Honda Racing Duct Tape...hehehe...anything for a quicker time.

yea my cousin once did that, he ducktaped his plecy glass windows to his chassie, so the rain wouldnt come in...lol druing his high school days in 1992

Watch. Just tape up all the gaps up front. Around the hood, along the bumper, and the headlights. You'll be faster than anything!!! HAHAHAHA... :laugh:

DSM and Domestic guys use to have a field day with "Honda Racing Duct Tape."

Watch. Just tape up all the gaps up front. Around the hood, along the bumper, and the headlights. You'll be faster than anything!!! HAHAHAHA... :laugh:

DSM and Domestic guys use to have a field day with "Honda Racing Duct Tape."

ahahahahah more areodynamic you mean...

Archived