'Well-used'

(l2><

My 1986 Civic 1500 CRX Si has 254xxx miles on it, I was wondering what the first things are that I should take care of to keep her in good repair. It's the one o' them fuel-injected motors. I work at Jiffy Lube, so I changed the oil/gasket, ran an engine flush, cleaned the injectors with a Gum-Out system, and on Monday I'm going to put on a new... 'serpentine' belt(?). Lol like I've said, I don't know crap yet. Any input as to how to go about making this baby purr like new again would be appreciated. Just please don't tell me 'engine swap' and tell me to buy your motor.

=D

Honestly? I'd rebuild that sucker. but if u are in need of driving it....I'd put some higher viscosity oil in it. Change the spark plugs, wires, dist. cap. I would take out each individual injector and have them cleaned right. You prolly need to put in a new clutch, that is, if that ones not too grabby.

These are just the basics. Maybe replace the O2 sensor. New airfilter as well.

No need to get a new car. Just swap in a D series or a ZC and for around $500 you'll be running great.

yeah that would be the cheapest and most effecient way

hung did you get my pm?

My 1986 Civic 1500 CRX Si has 254xxx miles on it, I was wondering what the first things are that I should take care of to keep her in good repair. It's the one o' them fuel-injected motors.

that's what the post was abt. so it obviously has a fuel injected engine. maybe it's already had a swap.

Honestly? I'd rebuild that sucker. but if u are in need of driving it....I'd put some higher viscosity oil in it. Change the spark plugs, wires, dist. cap. I would take out each individual injector and have them cleaned right. You prolly need to put in a new clutch, that is, if that ones not too grabby.

These are just the basics. Maybe replace the O2 sensor. New airfilter as well.

Your car is sick as f*ck man. I'm not in need of driving mine, btw. I just need a place to work on it, I have nowhere. :'( As soon as I find a way to make this work, I'm gonna have that baby parked under a cover or somethin while I go through and strip it and clean or replace everything. After that I'm gonna do an engine swap.

But yea, I think it might have had an engine swap, the car says 245 or somewhere around there, but the engine runs great, it was just dirty. The rest of the car is definitely old as hell and hasn't been touched. After I get my liscence and insurance ( <.<; shhh) I want to get a new tranny (and new axels, I don't know what those are part of, I think the suspension, but yea mine aren't lookin so hot). Other than that if I keep her clean and start being easier on the clutch, I think I got a pretty damn nice car. I just want to make sure it is in good enough shape to start putting money into. I'm talking my roommate into getting me into his cousin's shop for free, to check everything out, and get an appraisal on parts. Although I might just go around to u-pull-its, and find parts that are in good shape. Is Chilton's a good manual to pick up for this kinda DIY crap?

Sorry for asking a lot of questions. I don't know crap about cars. This is my project car. =D

*Edited.

Archived