Vtec Controllers!!

hondadrifter

haha thats awesome that you got that for 150 dollars there pretty......but there like 380 so i just got the pivot it one from japan it was only like 230 and it does the same thing........hey when you get it in let me know how it went and if you like it or not......also i think it rocks that your a girl and you like hondas there is no girls where i live like that....i admire you for it :wub:

got mine from a friend after he wrecked his gsr, just need the harness for it, which i'm getting for five bucks anyway whenever i feel like getting around to it

Other than changing the crossover point, it basically is suppose to improve acceleration. Depends on what car you have and how modified it is, since sometimes stock switch over is way better than any other determined amount. Usually, people use it to smooth out the spike in hp./tq. when VTEC kicks in. I've been told that if you turbo your car then a VTEC controller might be something to look into since VTEC and Turbo aren't really buddy buddy with each other.

Depends on what car you have and how modified it is, since sometimes stock switch over is way better than any other determined amount.

yeah, i would think that the stock point would be the best for acceleration/power/torque/gas mileage/all around performance. but then again i could see where setting it at a lower point (lets just say 3500 instead of my 4500) would get you better acceleration. it might help the s2k better by lowering the point from the incredibly high 6500, but then again...honda knows what they're doing so why mess with what they set up?

could see where setting it at a lower point (lets just say 3500 instead of my 4500) would get you better acceleration. it might help the s2k better by lowering the point from the incredibly high 6500

if you lower the vtec crossover point you need to adjust fuel delivery so that you get more fuel at that lower crossover point.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest evocivic

ive had my v-afc on my ex for months and works great. i lower the vtec ingagement point on occassion but not all the time. once for a race at the track i lowered it to 2700 and increased the fuel deliver and pressure. my car flew for what i was expecting. with the controller it took me a while to find the correct settings since apexi doesnt really say much in there manual. just messing with the settings you will find your best ingagement point and happy racing :D

Archived