Really stupid question... But I want some advice

92civicEX

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. You're an idiot. You seem to think you know what you're talking about, but you are a little misinformed.

Your engine, on stock valvetrain will not be making power till 9200 RPM. Go ahead, rev up there. You will get passed by that same B16B shifting inside his powerband. Secondly, Stock B16B's do not engage VTEC at 6200RPM, so you're wrong once again. You can actually Chip OBD-2 with certain applications, so there, once again, you're misinformed. The "JDM EK9" doesn't come factory revving up to 9000 RPM. Stop spreading false info.

I hope you like rebuilding motors, because revving that B16 that high won't last long. Oh and you're "Screamin VTEC?" is dumb. You sound like a riceboy.

wow my second day on here and people are blastin me for beeing an "idiot". i didnt join this site to collect enemies and to "spread false info". look man, i never said my car made power till 9200, i said it can rev up to 9200k rpm. i clearly said my engine makes power till 8200, as in it stops makin power at that time. im not lying to u i have no reason to, if u disagree with me what can i do??? but dont say im an idiot, because i own that engine and i know what it can do. so u are misinformed. 6200 rpm is when vtec kicks in from factory, how are u going to tell me im wrong c'mon are u serious??????? i drive my car every day and i know when the crap kiks in so dont call me an idiot for sayin something i know for a fact is true!!!!! ok the obd2 being chipped or not ok ur prolly right thanks for letting me know that i really thought it couldnt be chipped.

but the point is im not trying to lie to u and i say what i say for a reason not because i read it in some type of article or anything. i usually wouldnt even reply back to this but u called me an idiot for saying true facts and i dont really care if u believe it or not cause i know what my car can do and no one can tell me im wrong when i know im right.

by the way my vtec doesnt sound ricey at all. my car is bone stock exept for the swap. i dont have a loud for no reason muffler in my car. if you heard what it sounds like u would take that back i guarantee u. and also i think vtec was invented by bmw, im 90% sure. and yes it is overrated, im with u on that 1

Bmw's valve timing is called vanos, and it stands for something german, im almost positive of that. Reguardless of who invented it, and who started production of it first, its no contest... the honda motor company basically made it their trademark, you wont ever see DOHC VANOS on any of BMW's cars. They market it to be this amazing, revolutionary engine component, and people believe it... along with silly honda kids who know nothing.

Granted, Ive also never heard of any other kind of valve timing system that has a crossover sound quite like it... I guess that could be something to brag about? Lol...

Where my point comes in there... I dont know, but there is my .02.

Archived