90 ls seatbelt problems

90Tegtyper

Hey i was wondering if anyone has had or herd of the problem with this. I have a 1990 integra ls and the driver shoulder seatbelt dosent move down so the only thing i can use is the lap belt. and i could possibly get a ticket because of this so can anyone help?

yeah it's a pain in the ass. they don't make them anymore so to get it fixed will be like $300 for parts then $100 for labor. or he could go to a junkyard, but good luck with that...............

does anyone know if there is a way to move it to the back position because it is stuck in the front so i cant use the seatbelt at all

try starting the car with your door open and you sitting in the car. close the door, and as soon as you close the door try and force it back towards you.

or you can just find a 90 teg without them and swap normal ones in. in canada , there were no seatbelts like that. so all our cars even those years have normal belts. and for the record i hate those bastards too , lol. stupidest thing they ever put on a car , except for curb feelers , haha.

or you can just find a 90 teg without them and swap normal ones in. in canada , there were no seatbelts like that. so all our cars even those years have normal belts. and for the record i hate those bastards too , lol. stupidest thing they ever put on a car , except for curb feelers , haha.

I found my answer I called Acura and there are replacing it for me in the next week

I found my answer I called Acura and there are replacing it for me in the next week

well heres an update.... i had a appt to fix my seatbelt cuz it was broken in the front position so i was like hmm might as well force and push it to the back since they are guna fix it anyways so i put it in the back position and get in the car and shut the door and the dam thing starts working haha so if people might have problems try forcing it

Dude just take the seat belt out alls they do is save your life, weight savings is more important.

Yea dude. Just take out the brakes too. Just slows you down...you know what, f*** headlights too...and airbags.....and doors......get rid of that weight :devil:

oh and just take out the seats altogether and sit on the floor....

yo when i took all my seats out to steam clean and foam my carpet, i tried driving while sitting on the floor. it's seriously impossible. you just get thrown backwards and hit your head on the metal where the back seat had previously been. sucks ass.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a panel just behind the door. Pop it out and turn the seat belt manually. If u have the stock tool kit, its a plastic wheel and metal piece. Then take the fuse for the driver side belt out of the engine compartment so it doesnt go back to where u cant use it.

Archived