To buy, or not to buy...

I thought frame damage totalled a car? What's up with your setup, man?

Robear Racing should be up in week. If you need them sooner than that, search around. I'm trying to figure out a bunch of stuff for my sol right now (as you can tell by my three active threads) so I'm a little preoccupied.

paid only $3k, it's an r-title...to my knowledge, it was wrecked before i bought it (and obviously a crapty job was done putting it back together). but had the stock wheels/suspension on it back then. when i bought the car, it looked just fine. the frame problem definitely wasn't noticable until i replaced the suspension. and instead of taking it to a frame shop (cheapest estimate for a frame-straightening around here was like $1750) i just want to get some smaller wheels. if i can sell the wheels/tires i have now that would give me enough money to at least get some new 16s. any takers?

trust me, i did some searching but i couldn't really find what i was looking for. i wanted something like the Rota Attack or Boost style, but neither were available in 16". and i like the Grids, but they don't come in gold. so i'm thinking about the Subzero's in gold 16" for $460 shipped. that seemed cheap as hell. and i think they would look good with the new blue paint

thanks though TS, this definitely narrowed the search.

not sure if it's frame damage, that's what i've been told by a lot of people. i'll post a pic of what i mean about the wheels being off a bit. in fact, the entire drivers side of the car is about 1" lower than the passenger side. and the driver-side front tire sticks out about 1" more than the passenger tire. that's why i'm having the problem with the tire rubbing the fender...it's out too far. so frame damage might be the wrong terms...but something's definitely been messed up

That certainly sounds like frame damage to me. You know... the frame? The main thing that holds the car in line and all...

That sounds weak like hell. No way would I hold onto that car or put any more money at all into it. Unless you're going to have the frame straightened...

i found this out kind of late...about $2000 late. and i also realize that i'll never sell it for enough to make up for what i've put into it. so...unless i completely part it out, i'm kinda stuck with it

Well, good luck, mang... As long as it drives okay...

If it gets to be a problem, here's what you do: Take out theft coverage and leave it unlocked in the city. Cross fingers. Collect cash and start over.

yes you can, a unibody is the frame.. its just one big piece.. the unibody frame can be bent from a wreck, like what happened when i wrecked and the unibody frame was damaged underneat the rear door on the accord.

then some lady ran into my fender and dented the frame in the front.

we all understand your unibody post.

They seem like the same thing to me. Just different names for the different design.

If it's not a frame, what do you call it when the main "line" of the car gets bent? Body bending?

It's cool, not trying to start a fight, just want to clarify to anybody reading this thread that there's a difference between a unibody and a frame, and your car has a unibody. I believe you that it was bent up, just clarifying that it's the unibody that was bent.

Archived