Help needed subs + amp.

ObieTrice

Does anybody know how to hook up subs and an amp to a civic. I assume it is not much different from any other car however I have never done it before. I have 2 12 inch sony xs-L122P5 xplod subs and a sound storm 1600 watt amp. If anyone could give me directions or a website on how to do it I would appreciate it greatly. Thank You.

Ground wire, Power Wire, RCA wires, and Control switch wire.

ground wire, is obvious

power wire - goes to battery

RCA's - from the amp to the back of the stereo (if you dont have an aftermarket radio most chances you will need an adapter)

control switch - thin wire, goes from amp to the back of the stereo also. forgot what wire it splices to.

its not different than any other install really. not sure about instructions, you can try sound domain.

I think remote wires are blue on stereos if I remember right.

Definitely, don't forget to put that fuse between the battery and amp.Normally best under the hood. I thought I was going to be cool and not use one........yea........I had a wire eat halfway through my battery....it was bad....I was dumb... cost me over 70 bucks to replace my battery and amp wire. It could have easily cost more!

I

Really....just don't know what I was thinking...lol

yes the remote turn on wire is blue. if you have the stock radio then splice the rca wires with the posotive speaker wire on one rear speaker and neg speaker wire on the other. i think the neg wires on speakers have a white or yellow stripe. if you have an aftermarket radio then just plug the rca cables into the rca jacks. btw i think you could just put that remote turn on into an excessory spot in your fuse box, if ur not comfortable with splicing those wires. if u've got skills then i would say to solder it all just so that you have a strong connection, or crimp it all together.

Lol, I have the exact same setup with the speakers, diff amp, but still, I hooked everything up just fine but then again I made my own boxs for the subs and 6x9's. So everything's a custom job, but still fits just fine.

Archived