A6 Block + P29's?

Ok, mainly this is more of a question to ..SSR.. and Cranny, unless anyone else knows.

I am thinking of doing an A6 Block with P29 ZC pistons to bump compression. Then, Crower 3 cam and valvetrain. Ported head. Micropolished/balanced Crank. I will list all mods later, but my real question is, Will the ZC pistons fit well in the A6 block without bumping the compression too high? I am running on 93 pump gas and can't be running special race gas. I want a healthy ass motor.

This thing, with the tranny from ..SSR.. and the other mods I have ready will lay the smackdown on some B's and K's.

So, P29's in a A6 ... good or no? Streetable?

i agree with everything SSR is saying. he knows more than me with little details like clearances of the different engines and such. only thing i dont understand is why you would avise against VTEC SSR? Z6 head on that setup would rock man. i mean why not , can only make what you have better , specially if hes gonna cam it out. specially since he says he wants healthy engine. VTEC (twin profile cam) head better for fuel mileage and performance , rather than a built A6 head (which most of us agree is amoung best flowing head) , thats locked into 1 cam profile , in other words it will idle crapty , and burn a bunch of gas even under soft driving conditions. and it will too.

If you're going to do anything to a D series, then do something. pootang ass setups don't make you fast. Custom cam to make power to 9,000 RPM. You gain more power and response without the added weight of VTEC. Also have more oil for the bearings. Using custom rocker arms in BVTEC's to make them non-VTEC (not VTEC killers) grinding away the primaries, has netted gains (can't say how much), and added 400 RPM to the powerband.

that custom cam your talking about to make it make power at 9000 rpm , will make that car prolly not even idle sitting still without keeping it revving a bit. if you use a VTEC head you can eliminate that prolem. you can put cams in it that have more agressive primary and secondary lobes , and the same profile your talking about to make it run at 9000 rpm on the middle lobe(VTEC lobe). see what im saying? id say its gonna cost you big money anyways(more than solles is talking about spending) , to even make a SOHC engine rev that high. youl need to change everything in the engine , everything.

Not everything.

With the Z6 head and the P29's, the compression will be high, higher than I want. So, I threw that out of the window early. Also, I will be able to definitely rev to about 8500 on the setup I am now doing. I sat down with my tuner today adn got the setup I am thinking about going with.

Skunk2 or RM springs/retainers.

P29's

Eagle Rods

Arp studs

Ported head

Edelbrock portmatched IM

Exospeed Stage 3 cam

Cam gear

DC 4-1

EX tranny

Not everything.

With the Z6 head and the P29's, the compression will be high, higher than I want. So, I threw that out of the window early. Also, I will be able to definitely rev to about 8500 on the setup I am now doing. I sat down with my tuner today adn got the setup I am thinking about going with.

Skunk2 or RM springs/retainers.

P29's

Eagle Rods

Arp studs

Ported head

Edelbrock portmatched IM

Exospeed Stage 3 cam

Cam gear

DC 4-1

EX tranny

D16(Z6 head), P29 .5os, .5hgd, 15ftasl = 12.11:1 static and effective CR All you need is a way to tune it (another 1-2 paychecks).

I'll make this cheap and easy for you...

D15B7

LS rods

00 GX pistons

10.87:1

Use a Delta 272 cam, Skunk2 IM, DC header.

CD/DX/whatever trans with close gear set and EX FD.

I mean dude, I appreciate the help, but I don't necessarily want the cheap way out.

That setup would make what, 130whp? Run mid 14's?

I will definitely take into consideration, but I don't know man. I still like the idea of the other setup too.

Yeah. Unless you get a good header and good headwork (good, not someone local who all the rice boys think is good because he made their ports shiny), and a good bottom end, you won't make power.

If you want to make power, you need a big cam. Big cam needs headwork. Headwork needs a good header. All of the above needs a bottom end that can rev high (8k+).

Archived